Windows 10: Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...

Discus and support Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi, i keep encountering this error for the past 3 months already. I'm using VS Code as my editor, the compiler I installed is MinGW msys. i was testing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by newcoderbap, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...

hi, i keep encountering this error for the past 3 months already. I'm using VS Code as my editor, the compiler I installed is MinGW msys. i was testing some code C programs and that happened out of nowhere, it was the first time that happened. Before that, it was working fine with the said compiler and editor. nothing in the internet helped me solve this issue, but hopefully someone can help me with this pls. I'm very new with programming and still learning it. So hopefully someone would guide me thru the technical terms and stuff needed to fix this issue.Thanks so muchalso, I don't know how

:)

newcoderbap, Aug 6, 2022

2. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple:

```

C:\Users\grass>where

'where' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\grass>explorer

'explorer' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

```

I'm still able to call applications in the path, like: idea, code, adb, gcc, etc.

Some things also stopped working, and it looks relevant to this overall terminal issue:

• IntelliJ IDEA cannot launch its in-IDE terminal. In particular it cannot find PowerShell.
    • I cannot run any windows executables from WSL2 environment.
    • Oracle virtual box running UBUNTU LTE16.04 has issues syncing shared folders.

herbal_rage, Aug 6, 2022
  3. PowerShell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In PowerShell (run as administrator) when I try to run this command:

Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\
    I get this error:

Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

I tried fixing the issue by running the following as administrator:

Code:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthsfc /scannow
    SFC found no error, dism finished successfully with output saying, "The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully."

But still I get the same error. I also tried this in Powershell run as admin:

Code:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
    This also didn't help, it gets the exact same error saying that 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file

Any thoughts?

AdrianLParker, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...

Powershell The term '%%' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

I run this code on cmd on win 10

but i get this error

Exception calling "Read" with "3" argument(s): "Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: buffer"
    At line:1 char:140
    + ... 5535|%%{0};while(($i = $stream.Read($bytes, 0, $bytes.Length)) -ne 0) ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a... :)) [], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ArgumentNullException
    Any ideas why It says that?
    I saw some tutorials and it works good on them

Born vs. Me, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...

1. Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a... - Similar Threads - Powershell terminal Code

2. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  3. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  4. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The term 'dism.exe' is not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The term 'dism.exe' is not recognized: Hi,My OS is Windows 10 version 22H2 Build 19045this command is not working for me: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux /all /norestarthttps://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-manual when I tried to do this, this link...
  6. Vs code terminal glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vs code terminal glitch: i was writing a command while doing work and my terminal glitching what to do. the cursor gets on the top of the path text. You can see the video of the full issue here.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12uTsyxcPHOxlsBWnSaZ0byTSBvqeroMK/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Vs code terminal glitch

Vs code terminal glitch: i was writing a command while doing work and my terminal glitching what to do. the cursor gets on the top of the path text. You can see the video of the full issue here.https://drive.google.com/file/d/12uTsyxcPHOxlsBWnSaZ0byTSBvqeroMK/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...

Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...: hi, i keep encountering this error for the past 3 months already. I'm using VS Code as my editor, the compiler I installed is MinGW msys. i was testing some code C programs and that happened out of nowhere, it was the first time that happened. Before that, it was working fine...
  9. Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Powershell terminal in VS Code: make : The term 'make' is not recognized as the name of a...: hi, i keep encountering this error for the past 3 months already. I'm using VS Code as my editor, the compiler I installed is MinGW msys. i was testing some code C programs and that happened out of nowhere, it was the first time that happened. Before that, it was working fine...
  10. Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: The term ‘Get-MsolUser’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet: When connecting to your Office 365 services, you might get the below error saying for any Msol cmdlet like new-msoluser, connect-msolservices and other. The term 'Get-MsolUser' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet To fix this, download and install the Microsoft Online...