Windows 10: Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with

Discus and support Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dimitry, Jul 30, 2020.

1. dimitry Win User

Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb RAM 2 Display Ports etc.).

I use PowerShell to retrive the majority of info I need from a remote PC (CPU, RAM, HDD, Serial Number etc.).

However, one piece of information I am not able to retrieve is to check the total monitor ports that a PC comes with (i.e. 2 Display Ports, 1 VGA).

I've managed to find the below PowerShell command which lists only hot plugged monitors and type of socket:

get-ciminstance -namespace root/wmi -classname WmiMonitorConnectionParams

Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with [​IMG]

Query type of video card connections (HDMI/VGA/DVI/ETC) - Super User

The example above shows 2 Diplay Ports Monitors plugged but it is not listing the HDMI port that this PC also has.

Question is: Is there any PS command or maybe an application that can detect the total amount of graphic input a PC has and their type (i.e. HDMI, DP, VGA etc.)

Thank you!

:)

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How do I Remove Video Editor and Connect?

Video Editor is part of Photos, I'm not sure you can just remove that and leave Photos in place.

For newer apps not yet listed in the tutorial, see Step 4 to find out the names of all the app packages, then you'll know the names to use in Powershell.

4. Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with

1. Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with - Similar Threads - Powershell detect many

2. PowerShell virus detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell virus detected: My antivirus told my that my Microsoft windows PowerShell%4Operational.evtx is infected by PwrSh : ViperSoftX - A [Pws]And asked my Move to Quarantine: file is in Windows folder, are you sure you want to move it to Quarantine?...
  3. How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan: Every time when my laptop is on I receive uncountable amount of virus alerts. All of them are saying that PowerShell is a trojan virus. How do I uninstall it or how do I fix the problem? Also the "Threat blocked" messages all the way to the bottom of this list are for...
  4. How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan: Every time when my laptop is on I receive uncountable amount of virus alerts. All of them are saying that PowerShell is a trojan virus. How do I uninstall it or how do I fix the problem? Also the "Threat blocked" messages all the way to the bottom of this list are for...
  5. How come capucput a video editor detects a new graphics card driver update but somehow...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How come capucput a video editor detects a new graphics card driver update but somehow...: Somehow, capcut detects a graphics driver updateBut intel driver and support assistant doesnt.Should I trust cap cut and download the graphics driver update, or should I not?Also, sometimes when i try to play brawlhalla on steam and it gives me error code 30004 and then it...
  6. Video card not detected but fan is spinning

in Windows 10 News
    Video card not detected but fan is spinning: [ATTACH]If the Video card is not detected but the fan is spinning, then here are the suggestions to help you fix the paradoxical situation. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem. From physical damage to software issues, anything can be responsible for the problem....
  7. PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with: Hi Everyone, I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb...
  8. how to check video card

how to check video card: what do I RUN to check my video card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-check-video-card/80a9203a-effc-4c82-8b3b-1b019987cb5f
  9. video card connecting and display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    video card connecting and display: I have a ADM Radeon R7 250 series video card. It comes with a HDMI slot, but when I call my display device up, I don't see a audio icon on my control page display. I see headphones, high def speakers, but no HDMI device. The reason for asking is that I want to connect a Fiber...
  10. How to connect to SIM card in pc

How to connect to SIM card in pc: How can I connect to SIM card in my PC Dell Lattitude E7440 with windows 10 OS. I've tried installing drivers from dell website too. But, none of that works....