Windows 10: PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

Discus and support PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dimitry, Jul 30, 2020.

1. dimitry Win User

PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb RAM 2 Display Ports etc.).

I use PowerShell to retrive the majority of info I need from a remote PC (CPU, RAM, HDD, Serial Number etc.).

However, one piece of information I am not able to retrieve is to check the total monitor ports that a PC comes with (i.e. 2 Display Ports, 1 VGA).

I've managed to find the below PowerShell command which lists only hot plugged monitors and type of socket:

get-ciminstance -namespace root/wmi -classname WmiMonitorConnectionParams

PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with [​IMG]

Query type of video card connections (HDMI/VGA/DVI/ETC) - Super User

The example above shows 2 Diplay Ports Monitors plugged but it is not listing the HDMI port that this PC also has.

Question is: Is there any PS command or maybe an application that can detect the total amount of graphic input a PC has and their type (i.e. HDMI, DP, VGA etc.)

Thank you!

:)

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  2. dimitry Win User

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb RAM 2 Display Ports etc.).

I use PowerShell to retrive the majority of info I need from a remote PC (CPU, RAM, HDD, Serial Number etc.).

However, one piece of information I am not able to retrieve is to check the total monitor ports that a PC comes with (i.e. 2 Display Ports, 1 VGA).

I've managed to find the below PowerShell command which lists only hot plugged monitors and type of socket:

get-ciminstance -namespace root/wmi -classname WmiMonitorConnectionParams

PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with [​IMG]

Query type of video card connections (HDMI/VGA/DVI/ETC) - Super User

The example above shows 2 Diplay Ports Monitors plugged but it is not listing the HDMI port that this PC also has.

Question is: Is there any PS command or maybe an application that can detect the total amount of graphic input a PC has and their type (i.e. HDMI, DP, VGA etc.)

Thank you!

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  3. dimitry Win User

Hi OldNavyGuy,

Thank you for the prompt reply. More than what graphic card or GPU the PC has I need to know the total of video connector type (either in use or not).
    The PS to detect the type of Graphic Card doesn't tell me if, for example, PC1 has 2 Display Ports and 1 VGA and PC2 has 2 HDMI.

Hope it makes sense.

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  4. PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

OldNavyGuy, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with - Similar Threads - PowerShell detect many

2. PowerShell virus detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell virus detected: My antivirus told my that my Microsoft windows PowerShell%4Operational.evtx is infected by PwrSh : ViperSoftX - A [Pws]And asked my Move to Quarantine: file is in Windows folder, are you sure you want to move it to Quarantine?...
  3. PowerShell virus detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell virus detected: My antivirus told my that my Microsoft windows PowerShell%4Operational.evtx is infected by PwrSh : ViperSoftX - A [Pws]And asked my Move to Quarantine: file is in Windows folder, are you sure you want to move it to Quarantine?...
  4. PowerShell virus detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan: Every time when my laptop is on I receive uncountable amount of virus alerts. All of them are saying that PowerShell is a trojan virus. How do I uninstall it or how do I fix the problem? Also the "Threat blocked" messages all the way to the bottom of this list are for...
  6. How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan

How to uninstall PowerShell? Detected as trojan: Every time when my laptop is on I receive uncountable amount of virus alerts. All of them are saying that PowerShell is a trojan virus. How do I uninstall it or how do I fix the problem? Also the "Threat blocked" messages all the way to the bottom of this list are for...
  7. How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell: When typing with Caps Lock off, I get lowercase letters without Shift, and uppercase letters with Shift.When typing with Caps Lock ON, I get uppercase letters without Shift, but PowerShell ignores any letters typed with the Shift key. Any letters typed with Shift do not...
  8. How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell

How to type lowercase letters in PowerShell: When typing with Caps Lock off, I get lowercase letters without Shift, and uppercase letters with Shift.When typing with Caps Lock ON, I get uppercase letters without Shift, but PowerShell ignores any letters typed with the Shift key. Any letters typed with Shift do not...
  9. Enabling USB Type C (Thunderbolt) socket

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enabling USB Type C (Thunderbolt) socket: I have a desktop using a GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 1151 7th gen ddr4 rgb fusion motherboard, which includes a USB Type C port also described as a Thunderbolt 3 port. I've just purchased a new HP Z38C monitor, which includes some USB ports, however, to use them a cable must be plugged...
  10. Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with: Hi Everyone, I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb...