Windows 10: PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

Discus and support PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dimitry, Jul 30, 2020.

1. dimitry Win User

PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb RAM 2 Display Ports etc.).

I use PowerShell to retrive the majority of info I need from a remote PC (CPU, RAM, HDD, Serial Number etc.).

However, one piece of information I am not able to retrieve is to check the total monitor ports that a PC comes with (i.e. 2 Display Ports, 1 VGA).

I've managed to find the below PowerShell command which lists only hot plugged monitors and type of socket:

get-ciminstance -namespace root/wmi -classname WmiMonitorConnectionParams

PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with [​IMG]

Query type of video card connections (HDMI/VGA/DVI/ETC) - Super User

The example above shows 2 Diplay Ports Monitors plugged but it is not listing the HDMI port that this PC also has.

Question is: Is there any PS command or maybe an application that can detect the total amount of graphic input a PC has and their type (i.e. HDMI, DP, VGA etc.)

Thank you!

:)

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  2. dimitry Win User

Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb RAM 2 Display Ports etc.).

I use PowerShell to retrive the majority of info I need from a remote PC (CPU, RAM, HDD, Serial Number etc.).

However, one piece of information I am not able to retrieve is to check the total monitor ports that a PC comes with (i.e. 2 Display Ports, 1 VGA).

I've managed to find the below PowerShell command which lists only hot plugged monitors and type of socket:

get-ciminstance -namespace root/wmi -classname WmiMonitorConnectionParams

PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with [​IMG]

Query type of video card connections (HDMI/VGA/DVI/ETC) - Super User

The example above shows 2 Diplay Ports Monitors plugged but it is not listing the HDMI port that this PC also has.

Question is: Is there any PS command or maybe an application that can detect the total amount of graphic input a PC has and their type (i.e. HDMI, DP, VGA etc.)

Thank you!

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  3. dimitry Win User

Hi OldNavyGuy,

Thank you for the prompt reply. More than what graphic card or GPU the PC has I need to know the total of video connector type (either in use or not).
    The PS to detect the type of Graphic Card doesn't tell me if, for example, PC1 has 2 Display Ports and 1 VGA and PC2 has 2 HDMI.

Hope it makes sense.

dimitry, Jul 30, 2020
  4. PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with

OldNavyGuy, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. PowerShell to detect how many video socket and type a PC comes with - Similar Threads - PowerShell detect many

2. Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell to detect how many video card connection a PC comes with: Hi Everyone, I hope someone can give me some help as I'm getting crazy finding a solution for this. I work in the IT Helpdesk department for a company and we service around 400 PCs. One of our tasks is to keep track of what type of machines and monitors we have (i.e. i7 8gb...
  3. Audio out green audio socket not detecting my speakers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio out green audio socket not detecting my speakers.: Hello, I have been having problems with my audio out since I had a blue screen. Some context might help, the table where my PC is located was hit by an object which caused the blue screen, just to make clear the PC was not hit, everything seems to be on its place and...
  4. Type of pc

Type of pc: I would like a Desktop pc not a laptop, do you still get desktop pc's ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-of-pc/069efe62-03ae-4e13-8d48-322cf264978e
  5. Keyboard typing many characters.

Keyboard typing many characters.: This is on a Dell Laptop Windows 10. So after a recent update, my keyboard has been really screwy. When I wish to type an 'r', 'v', 'e' or 'f' it will type out many characters and is always the same characters for example 'r' will type 'rweq43poiu' 'v' will do somewhat the...
  6. How come Windows 10 is so slow. Video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How come Windows 10 is so slow. Video: Randomly when I boot my computer it requires a lot of capacity. There isn't anything in the background, here is a recording: https://youtu.be/v5sqUsqZ9xg v5sqUsqZ9xg 110740
  7. How come I can't watch YouTube videos?

in Browsers and Email
    How come I can't watch YouTube videos?: How come I can't watch YouTube videos in my chrome browser? It keeps on loading and loading. I restart the computer and it is still not working. How can I fix YouTube not playing issue? Any help? 74468
  8. Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?: Hi. My brother in law has asked me if I can install broadband in his shed, he has shown me photos of the wired sockets he has but he is unsure what they are and I can't tell for sure from that pic. Could you tell me if that socket in the photo is for a ethernet plug or a...
  9. repeated BSOD crashes - many types

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    repeated BSOD crashes - many types: I've been unable to locate the problem of repeated crashes now over a period of 9 months. I've had every message you can get, it seems. (The last 3 were : win32kbase, win32kfull and bad pool header). They are occurring about once a day now. They occur after the computer is on...
  10. Sockets error ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sockets error ????: Hi there Why does Windows Networking have to be so Horrible -- I've run loads of Linux machines with NO network problems at all -- but Windows networking always causes hassle -- sometimes even on machines that have worked suddenly stop working for no reason I can find....