Windows 10: Powershell to remove device driver

Discus and support Powershell to remove device driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to write a powershell script to look for a specific device driver and uninstall it. I'm trying $device = Get-WmiObject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JiminyBillyBob, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Powershell to remove device driver

I'm trying to write a powershell script to look for a specific device driver and uninstall it.
    I'm trying

$device = Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver | select DeviceName,InfName| where {$_.devicename -like "*Realtek PCIE*"}
    Because for some reason when i select InfName by itself, it returns nothing. but when I do it alongside DeviceName it gives me the inf. I then want to take this inf name and use it in

Remove-WindowsDriver -Path "c:\offline" -Driver "OEM1.inf"

so I can totally remove the driver on start up. Even though I try disabling the device, it always manages to reenable itself.

:)

JiminyBillyBob, Jun 27, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 27, 2020
  4. CJCerny Win User

Powershell to remove device driver

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Powershell to remove device driver

1. Powershell to remove device driver - Similar Threads - Powershell remove device

2. Removing powershell 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing powershell 7: I want to remove powershell 7 which I installed on my systemThis message has been automatically translated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-powershell-7/ab1f7207-9720-4eeb-a6db-4d1949f2a555
  3. Removing powershell 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing powershell 7: I want to remove powershell 7 which I installed on my systemThis message has been automatically translated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-powershell-7/ab1f7207-9720-4eeb-a6db-4d1949f2a555
  4. App removal with PowerShell !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  5. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  6. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bluetooth Devices and drivers removed unintentionally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Devices and drivers removed unintentionally: Hello, I am using LENOVO Laptop YOGA 300-11IBR. I used Bluetooth on my Laptops but thinking to update the latest version I removed all the Bluetooth drivers and everything related to it. when I try to download and reinstall I could not. May you kindly advice please as I am...
  8. Powershell on startup, how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell on startup, how to remove it?: How can I remove powershell from starting with windows 10? There's nothing at startup to remove it and checked with ccleaner. I also put like some scripts to remove windows defender is it why? How can I remove it so it doesn't open ever again? submitted by /u/krisstijannn...
  9. remove OneNote printer with powershell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    remove OneNote printer with powershell: [ATTACH] Hi world, I d like to remove OneNote printer with powershell but it does not work and one printer is not listed (OneNote) any help will be apreciated....
  10. Permanantly removing a device driver in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Permanantly removing a device driver in Windows 10: I have a built in card reader in my Median laptop. It always makes the connect sound as detected by my laptop for the first time but then makes the disconnect sound straight away. Annoying and no good when watching catch-up TV. Nor does removing the driver makes no...