Windows 10: PowerShell To update Drivers of a computer

Discus and support PowerShell To update Drivers of a computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to learn powershell. I am trying to build a powershell script with logic to identify a currently installed driver version. if it is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tech_1000, Mar 6, 2019.

1. tech_1000 Win User

PowerShell To update Drivers of a computer

I am trying to learn powershell.

I am trying to build a powershell script with logic to identify a currently installed driver version.

if it is the same (as the one i am trying to install or newer) skip the install.

If it is lower than the version i am trying to install execute a setup.exe with silent argument.

$NetworkName = Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver| select devicename, driverversion | where {$_.devicename -eq 'Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-LM'}

If ($_.Driverversion -ge '12.17.8.9') {

Write-Output "Version is Current"

return 0

} Else {

start-process -filepath "\\servername\share\share\Dell\Drivers\Dell 3630\Network Card\setup.exe" -argumentlist '/s' -Wait -NoNewWindow

}

this works and installs the newest driver, but it doesn't skip computers that already have the newest version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i did a lot of googling but since i am still learning, i am pretty sure its just a rookie overlook.

:)

tech_1000, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Mar 6, 2019
  4. PowerShell To update Drivers of a computer

Upgraded to Windows 10 but graphics driver now needs to update

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

PowerShell To update Drivers of a computer

1. PowerShell To update Drivers of a computer - Similar Threads - PowerShell update Drivers

2. Powershell & WSUS - How to get needed updates on a single computer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell & WSUS - How to get needed updates on a single computer ?: Hello there,I would like to get through WSUS API and Powershell a list for needed / failed updates on a single computer. I'm very beginner with Powershell, I can get computer information, I can get all needed/failed updates on WSUS server but I did not succeeded to match both...
  3. Powershell & WSUS - How to get needed updates on a single computer ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell & WSUS - How to get needed updates on a single computer ?: Hello there,I would like to get through WSUS API and Powershell a list for needed / failed updates on a single computer. I'm very beginner with Powershell, I can get computer information, I can get all needed/failed updates on WSUS server but I did not succeeded to match both...
  4. Powershell Script to Enroll computers into Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Script to Enroll computers into Intune: Microsoft Azure is excellent, But I want a mentioned or script that forces a computer to connect to Intune on Hybrid Join. Group policies fail to enroll via VPNs. Does any one has script that forces intune to install and setup on a Windows 10 computer....
  5. Powershell Script to Enroll computers into Intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell Script to Enroll computers into Intune: Microsoft Azure is excellent, But I want a mentioned or script that forces a computer to connect to Intune on Hybrid Join. Group policies fail to enroll via VPNs. Does any one has script that forces intune to install and setup on a Windows 10 computer....
  6. Powershell Script to Enroll computers into Intune

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Computer is slow after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer is slow after updating drivers: I recently updated my drivers and ever since my PC has been extremely slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-slow-after-updating-drivers/45223b1e-486d-4a0a-91af-243a901e4993
  8. PowerShell Update

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell Update: Hello everyone, I was trying to work through the instructional "Powershell Scripting - The Basics" and ran into a problem. When I try to even run Start-VM I get this error. [img] And then, when I try to update my Powershell on the web I get this. [img] I am hoping...
  9. Powershell to remove device driver

Powershell to remove device driver: I'm trying to write a powershell script to look for a specific device driver and uninstall it. I'm trying $device = Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver | select DeviceName,InfName| where {$_.devicename -like "*Realtek PCIE*"} Because for some reason when i select InfName by...
  10. Computer Camera Driver Update

Computer Camera Driver Update: Trying to install a Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 but am being told windows 10 does not support the driver. Where can I get an updated driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-camera-driver-update/332c258f-5f54-4976-999e-9c48240b2220

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell update drivers

2. powershell driver update

3. powershell update driver

4. powershell update all drivers,
  5. powershell command to update windows driver,
  6. update drivers with powershell,
  7. update driver powershell,
  8. update all drivers powershell,
  9. update drivers via powershell,
  10. update intel drivers powershell,
  11. powershell script to update drivers,