Windows 10: Powershell: Update-Help. Can't find Server

Discus and support Powershell: Update-Help. Can't find Server in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to use PowerShell on a home computer, US English, German Keyboard Update-Help Yields: "update-help : Failed to update Help for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hugo Online, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Powershell: Update-Help. Can't find Server

Hello

I'm trying to use PowerShell on a home computer, US English, German Keyboard

Update-Help Yields:

"update-help : Failed to update Help for the module(s) 'AppvClient, Defender, Microsoft.PowerShell.ODataUtils,
    Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation, UEV, Whea, WindowsDeveloperLicense' with UI culture(s) {en-US} : Unable to connect to Help content."

The sever downloaded other files so it must be online

So I have other problems ?

My question is, how do I resolve these errors ?

What is the server's IP Address anyway ?

Thanks up front Vold

:)

Hugo Online, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Cannot Update Powershell Help with the "Update-Help" Command

Hi,I am Vanshita, an Independent Windows Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/mod...

Hope it works

vanshitavanshita, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Powershell: Update-Help. Can't find Server

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Also, you can hold the windows key then press R to get Run, then type CMD. *Toast :toast: I was the same at first, but now I've been using it for awhile now. I use it a lot with my Exchange servers... Well, it has a powershell module called Exchange Management Shell which pushed me to learn Powershell outside of Exchange.

Mindweaver, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Powershell: Update-Help. Can't find Server

1. Powershell: Update-Help. Can't find Server - Similar Threads - Powershell Update Help

2. powershell "Get-Help : Unable to find type [uint8]"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powershell "Get-Help : Unable to find type [uint8]": I'm using Windows10 pro x64 21H2, with Powershell 5.1,.When I run `Get-Help` commands for some topics in an elevated Powershell window, I get exception:"Get-Help : Unable to find type [uint8]"To recreate, open an elevated Powershell session and run any of these...
  3. powershell "Get-Help : Unable to find type [uint8]"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powershell "Get-Help : Unable to find type [uint8]": I'm using Windows10 pro x64 21H2, with Powershell 5.1,.When I run `Get-Help` commands for some topics in an elevated Powershell window, I get exception:"Get-Help : Unable to find type [uint8]"To recreate, open an elevated Powershell session and run any of these...
  4. Powershell update-help fails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell update-help fails.: It seems to run OK then then suddenly fails with HTTP 404 error. Note that is also fails if I try to update the 'en-US' language files. Any clues as what is going on?The following were the verbose messages produced.VERBOSE: Resolving URI:...
  5. Powershell update-help fails.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell update-help fails.: It seems to run OK then then suddenly fails with HTTP 404 error. Note that is also fails if I try to update the 'en-US' language files. Any clues as what is going on?The following were the verbose messages produced.VERBOSE: Resolving URI:...
  6. Powershell update-help fails.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. VM server trouble (server can't find the host name)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM server trouble (server can't find the host name): hello. i am trying to network two Virtual Box VM's and access a shared folder using \\hostname but it is not working. when i try to do this the windows network diagnostics tells me that windows can communicate with the name resolution server but can't find the host name....
  8. PowerShell: update-help failing

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell: update-help failing: Good Morning, Please can someone explain why I am receiving the following error when I use theupdate-help command in PowerShell and how I can fix it - update-help : Failed to update Help for the modules : 'AppBackgroundTask, AppLocker, Appx, AssignedAccess, BitLocker,...
  9. After PLEX update program unusable, can't find server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After PLEX update program unusable, can't find server: The last time I logged into PLEX, I saw the message to update. I did. Now PLEX says my Plex Server is unavailable. After trying everything I could think of, I decided to completely uninstall PLEX. I'm not sure I accomplished that correctly since I cannot reinstall PLEX MEDIA...
  10. After PLEX update program unusable, can't find server

in Windows 10 Support
    After PLEX update program unusable, can't find server: The last time I logged into PLEX, I saw the message to update. I did. Now PLEX says my Plex Server is unavailable. After trying everything I could think of, I decided to completely uninstall PLEX. I'm not sure I accomplished that correctly since I cannot reinstall PLEX MEDIA...