Windows 10: PowerShell Update

Discus and support PowerShell Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I was trying to work through the instructional "Powershell Scripting - The Basics" and ran into a problem. When I try to even run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jbooze, Aug 30, 2020.

1. jbooze Win User

PowerShell Update

Hello everyone, I was trying to work through the instructional "Powershell Scripting - The Basics" and ran into a problem. When I try to even run Start-VM I get this error.

PowerShell Update [​IMG]

And then, when I try to update my Powershell on the web I get this.

PowerShell Update [​IMG]

I am hoping someone would help me understand what my problem is. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you,

:)

jbooze, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

PowerShell can process many CLI commands but does have its own syntax as you are finding.

I use it a lot at a management level for carious workstation and sever tasks. Pretty much anything Windows does in the GUI is a powershell command.

I recommend you look up some info on Google and also look into the book, Learn PowerShell in 30-days Worth of Lunches. That'll give you a great start to properly using and understanding PowerShell. Its extremely powerful and useful...the caveat is learning it and understanding what it wants.

You should be able to set it back to CLI in personalization settings if you don't want to learn it. CLI is still food enough for most folks...not sure why they felt the need to do that...ironically I have my menus set to display PowerShell instead of CLI.

http://m.windowsitpro.com/windows-10/pro-tip-replace-command-prompt-powershell-windows-x-menu

Kursah, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

PowerShell Update

PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

PowerShell Update

1. PowerShell Update - Similar Threads - PowerShell Update

2. So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module: I had an issue with changing the execution policy so I downloaded the PowerShell 7 zip and replaced all from it with the default install of PowerShell 5.1 now I can not install or update any module and the previous issue is not resolved until I import the older version of the...
  3. So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module: I had an issue with changing the execution policy so I downloaded the PowerShell 7 zip and replaced all from it with the default install of PowerShell 5.1 now I can not install or update any module and the previous issue is not resolved until I import the older version of the...
  4. How to access newly added natural voices in PowerShell after Windows 11 update 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access newly added natural voices in PowerShell after Windows 11 update 2023: We know that Microsoft added the new natural voice feature in windows 11, and I also know that I can use those voices even when I am offline, but can some one help me figure out how can I use those voices in powershell or like using the sapi5 thing. Any help is appreciated ....
  5. How to access newly added natural voices in PowerShell after Windows 11 update 2023

How to access newly added natural voices in PowerShell after Windows 11 update 2023: We know that Microsoft added the new natural voice feature in windows 11, and I also know that I can use those voices even when I am offline, but can some one help me figure out how can I use those voices in powershell or like using the sapi5 thing. Any help is appreciated ....
  6. [Windows Update KB5029351] cmd/powershell/pwsh/windows terminal/explorer/emoji and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Update KB5029351] cmd/powershell/pwsh/windows terminal/explorer/emoji and...: [Windows Update KB5029351] cmd/powershell/pwsh/windows terminal/explorer/emoji and clipboard history panel question I have got the latest update KB5030219. But this question is still if I have KB5029351 update. When I remove this update, everything is ok.In a brief: *...
  7. [Windows Update KB5029351] cmd/powershell/pwsh/windows terminal/explorer/emoji and...

[Windows Update KB5029351] cmd/powershell/pwsh/windows terminal/explorer/emoji and...: [Windows Update KB5029351] cmd/powershell/pwsh/windows terminal/explorer/emoji and clipboard history panel question I have got the latest update KB5030219. But this question is still if I have KB5029351 update. When I remove this update, everything is ok.In a brief: *...
  8. powershell script to get all the windows updates including Feature updates, quality updates...

powershell script to get all the windows updates including Feature updates, quality updates...: Hi,lately i am trying to get a powershell script to scan and get all possible windows updates including "Feature update to windows 10, version 22h2 and quality and cumulative updates.Some how the powershell command is not getting them from Microsoft Update and Windows...
  9. powershell script to get all the windows updates including Feature updates, quality updates...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    powershell script to get all the windows updates including Feature updates, quality updates...: Hi,lately i am trying to get a powershell script to scan and get all possible windows updates including "Feature update to windows 10, version 22h2 and quality and cumulative updates.Some how the powershell command is not getting them from Microsoft Update and Windows...
  10. powershell script to get all the windows updates including Feature updates and quality updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powershell script to get all the windows updates including Feature updates and quality updates?: Hi,lately i am trying to get a powershell script to scan and get all possible windows updates including "Feature update to windows 10, version 22h2 and quality and cumulative updates.Some how the powershell command is not getting them from Microsoft Update and Windows...