Windows 10: Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working

Discus and support Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey ! A long ago, i used someone's powershell script to optimize my laptop at its maximum and i messed up the script a bit, which deleted/uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FauconSaumon784, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working

Hey !

A long ago, i used someone's powershell script to optimize my laptop at its maximum and i messed up the script a bit, which deleted/uninstalled every Windows app such as the Store, Pictures and Videos viewer, etc... I've been looking for some way to solve this problem, installing the Windows Store again to reinstall every missing app but all i found was some powershell commands. The only one that looked like it'd work was this one :

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

However i get this error (which is similar to every other solutions i tried)

Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working b3cc0a26-7833-431a-9c61-837b032c9811?upload=true.jpg

(Yeah it is in french) Basically, it means that the package it is trying to install is trying to edit in-use data/resources, same for the second error.

If anyone here has a *real* solution to my problem, or knows how to solve the bug that doesn't let me get windows store again, please answer ! I beg you !

***moved on english forum***

:)

FauconSaumon784, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Sep 2, 2019
  3. how to reinstall win 10 app store?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. Don’t worry, we are here to assist you.

If you are still facing an issue with Windows Store, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Reset the Windows Store cache.

Follow the steps to reset the Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows Key + R key.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter Key.
    Your Windows Store cache will be reset. Check if the is resolved.

If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.

• Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Copy and paste the following command.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Press Enter key.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if the issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working

1. Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working - Similar Threads - Powershell 'Win Store

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  6. Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store In PowerShell Not Working: I Watched dozens of tutorials but nothings working but months ago i succesfully reinstalled ms store but now its not working its not saying initialized i tried to disable and re enable powershell but nothings working and i try troubleshooting and wsreset but nothing works and...
  7. Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method

Microsoft Store reinstall powershell method: Hi, i am trying to reinstall my Microsoft store and tried different methods on youtube and I tried doing the powershell fix but I am stuck on the initialized stage. Can someone help?...
  8. powershell commands

powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  9. windows store reinstalling error powershell

windows store reinstalling error powershell: by running following command in powershell to reinstall windows store Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"} i got following error Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed...
  10. PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store

PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store: I have spent many hours for the last two days trying to get the Store and several apps re-registered and working. On other forums which I have been directed to, such as MS TechNet, much of the advice and links I have been given either generate various errors, or just fail to...