Windows 10: Powershell

Discus and support Powershell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What is Powershell and can I safely delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell/45b02eee-3266-4aa6-abb5-486ca3f0d5bd Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joyce smith073, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM.

1. Powershell

What is Powershell and can I safely delete it

:)

Joyce smith073, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:12 PM
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

4. KeithM Win User

Powershell

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

Thema:

Powershell

1. Powershell - Similar Threads - Powershell

2. Is there a PowerShell command that I can use to determine if my device is ConfigMgr managed...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a PowerShell command that I can use to determine if my device is ConfigMgr managed...: Hi, Is there a PowerShell command that I can use to determine if my device is ConfigMgr managed or InTune managed or if it's co-managed ? Thanks Stephen * Original title: Win10...
  3. Can't run Powershell as administrator in latest Windows Insider Build (19018)

Can't run Powershell as administrator in latest Windows Insider Build (19018): I just switched over to the Windows Insider Program to upgrade WSL, and when all the updates were finished, I can't seem to be able to run Powershell as an administrator. When I click on that option, nothing happens. I noted that I'm still the administrator use in my account...
  4. Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...: We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts". Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking...
  5. PowerShell Editor Services Roadmap

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Editor Services Roadmap: Over the last year we have committed to making the PowerShell editing experience in Visual Studio Code a rich and productive cross-platform alternative for the PowerShell ISE. To that end, we have focused on two primary areas: bringing the PSReadLine experience to the...
  6. how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i add extension to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 . Powershell command...: how can add extension to multiple file on windows 10 using windows powershell hi, how can i add extensions to multiple extensionless files on windows 10 /// when i right click on folder holding shift key then choose powershell because there is no command prompt and enter...
  7. How to fix the comand of powershell?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix the comand of powershell?: 我不小心在PowerShell中删除了命令“ ls”。我该如何修复或恢复它? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-comand-of-powershell/5a300b37-1310-4d57-8c7b-aa96387e75d5
  8. Windows PowerShell - Pin and Unpin Programmatically

Windows PowerShell - Pin and Unpin Programmatically: Hey MS Community, I'm looking for a method to programmatically unpin Microsoft Edge and pin Internet Explorer. Currently, our vendors have sites that are only supported in Internet Explorer, and will result in an error if opened with Microsoft Edge. Since the two icons are...
  9. remove OneNote printer with powershell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    remove OneNote printer with powershell: [ATTACH] Hi world, I d like to remove OneNote printer with powershell but it does not work and one printer is not listed (OneNote) any help will be apreciated....
  10. PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell 1 Execution policy is bad in registry will not stay changed (fixed): I am having the exact same problem as in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-1-execution-policy-is-bad-in-registry/b2625908-4521-4f49-91de-9cdd8d40e862 I followed the instructions and changed the registry to 'restricted' but...