Windows 10: Powershell

Discus and support Powershell in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi guys I am training on Powershell and when I try to remote I get the following problemPS C:\Users\rahimm1> get-service -ComputerName... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by broadwsord, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Powershell

Hi guys I am training on Powershell and when I try to remote I get the following problemPS C:\Users\rahimm1> get-service -ComputerName win2klab7862get-service : Cannot open Service Control Manager on computer 'win2klab7862'. This operation might require otherprivileges.At line:1 char:1+ get-service -ComputerName win2klab7862+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: : [Get-Service], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetServiceCommandIm at a complete loss any ideas a

:)

broadwsord, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 24, 2023
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jan 24, 2023
  4. KeithM Win User

Powershell

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Powershell

1. Powershell - Similar Threads - Powershell

2. Help with PowerShell Virus!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with PowerShell Virus!: Every time that I open windows, PowerShell pops up. I searched and I found that it's a PowerShell virus.I followed the steps that are listed here,How to uninstall PowerShell? *Trojan Virus* and Help with PowerShell Virus!but nothing happened.Autorun scan...
  3. Help with PowerShell Virus!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with PowerShell Virus!: Every time that I open windows, PowerShell pops up. I searched and I found that it's a PowerShell virus.I followed the steps that are listed here,How to uninstall PowerShell? *Trojan Virus* and Help with PowerShell Virus!but nothing happened.Autorun scan...
  4. Help with PowerShell Virus!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?

How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?: Im trying to activate the rds license of the windows server with powershell using this TSLicensekey pack.Win32_TSLicenseKeyPack class - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnI have License Server ID and Client Access license which is required for me to activate the license using GUI -...
  6. How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate RDS License of the Windows server 2016 using powershell?: Im trying to activate the rds license of the windows server with powershell using this TSLicensekey pack.Win32_TSLicenseKeyPack class - Win32 apps Microsoft LearnI have License Server ID and Client Access license which is required for me to activate the license using GUI -...
  7. How do I uninstall Windows Powershell v1.0?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall Windows Powershell v1.0?: How do I uninstall Windows Powershell v1.0? It's still there after upgrading from Windows 7. Upgrade order: Windows 7 -> 10 -> 11. As a component of Windows PowerShell 2.0, it is disabled....
  8. How do I uninstall Windows Powershell v1.0?

How do I uninstall Windows Powershell v1.0?: How do I uninstall Windows Powershell v1.0? It's still there after upgrading from Windows 7. Upgrade order: Windows 7 -> 10 -> 11. As a component of Windows PowerShell 2.0, it is disabled....
  9. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name: I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name because I saw that this can be different based on Windows installation language and I want a generic solution that work for every...
  10. Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name

Get Hyper V Administrators group from PowerShell without knowing the name: I want to make a PowerShell script that can add something I know how I can add in the Hyper V Administrators group without knowing the group name because I saw that this can be different based on Windows installation language and I want a generic solution that work for every...