Windows 10: PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys

Discus and support PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I add a new item in PowerUser Menu using Winaero tool But how to add a hotkey to the item? Eg Win+x,C to open Command Prompt 89301 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SmartManoj, Jul 18, 2017.

1. PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys

I add a new item in PowerUser Menu using Winaero tool
    But how to add a hotkey to the item?
    Eg Win+x,C to open Command Prompt

:)

SmartManoj, Jul 18, 2017
  2. stas274 Win User

Old-looking ALT+TAB, global hotkeys, Win-key combinations don't work after updating to november 2015 build

Hello. I have some really annoying things after update.

1. Alt+Tab has an old WinXP-style with small icons, not windows 10 style.

2. Most hotkeys with Win-key don't work. For example, Win+TAB (Task View), Win+D (Show desktop), Win+S (Search) and others (probably any hotkeys with letters in it). But work normally: Win-key itself (Start menu), Win+RIGHT/LEFT/UP/DOWN (snap window). Win+TAB
    works like regular TAB in applications, Win+D like D and so on.

3. Global hotkeys in Windows desktop applications don't work. For example, I can't use any hotkey for keepass activation. Or any hotkeys in PotPlayer (it's a media player) with global flag on it. But hotkeys in Autohotkey works just fine.

EDIT: Strange behavior: if I register Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<Any letter> global hotkey, it trigger if I press just Ctrl+Shift+Alt (without letter).

stas274, Jul 18, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Scroll Button Problem

You can edit the HotKeys in Blender, see instructions below:

Please edit the source to change the hotkeys. The files you want to look in are space.c and toets.c. It is planned that the hotkeys would become easier to change in some time in future. Though it is not hard to maintain your own build if you can code a bit.

You can restrict translating, scaling, whatever to a plane in following ways:

Use "g,shift-x" to restrict grabbing on z-y plane in global space. If you hit shift-x twice, it is constrained on space defined by alt-space (also seen in header). Basically the rule is "<transformation hotkey>,shift-<axis not to transform>".

If you hit for instance "s,x,x", you constraint scaling to be on x axis of orientation set with alt-space yet again.

You can use alt-space while performing a transformation.

I hope this Helps

DaveM121, Jul 18, 2017
  4. PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys

Found
    adding & to the name as like context menu solved the problem

SmartManoj, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys

1. PowerUser Menu(Win+X) edit with hotkeys - Similar Threads - PowerUser Menu Win+X

2. Windows-X hotkeys Win-X -> U not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-X hotkeys Win-X -> U not working: Hello everyone,It seems that my Win-X hotkeys aren't working, and they were just fine before. To clarify, I mean pressing Win-X to bring up the Quick Links menu works just fine, but further hotkeys after do not work after that. For example, I usually use Win-X -> u -> u to...
  3. Windows-X hotkeys Win-X -> U not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows-X hotkeys Win-X -> U not working: Hello everyone,It seems that my Win-X hotkeys aren't working, and they were just fine before. To clarify, I mean pressing Win-X to bring up the Quick Links menu works just fine, but further hotkeys after do not work after that. For example, I usually use Win-X -> u -> u to...
  4. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  5. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Terminal in Win+X menu: Is there a valid, not garantue vouching way to get Terminal in the Win+X menu on Windows 10? As Windows 11 seems to be a bit over the top for a Lenovo L13 Yoga I just installed W10 on it only to realize that my favourite app "Terminal" is not sitting where I had it in WIn11...
  6. Terminal in Win+X menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Command Prompt in Win-X Menu: Somehow I have deleted the command prompt and powershell entries in the Win-X menu (the right-click on the Win button menu). Anybody know how to restore either to that menu? I have tried installing and using the Win-X editor from winaero.com but without sucess. While there...
  8. How to use Win+X Menu Editor

How to use Win+X Menu Editor: Hi guys, Does anyone know how this works?? I have downloaded this utility, but I am unsure how to use it. I would like to add a "Recent Items" entry to my Win+X menu, using the path:- %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ However I can't figure how this is...
  9. I edited my Win-X using Win-X editor

I edited my Win-X using Win-X editor: Hello, I am curious... I edited my Win-X using Win-X editor: https://i.imgur.com/m84X9ni.jpg I modified the shortcuts adding text. For example, "Sistema (del panel de control)" and "Sistema (de configuración)" but i cannot find these shortcuts with these texts in File...
  10. Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Win+X Classic Menu to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Win+X Classic Menu to context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and...