Windows 10: Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change

Discus and support Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks running standard Windows 10 Pro X-64 latest (current) version. When I run Powershell I get something totally illegible (I don't like these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change

Hi folks

running standard Windows 10 Pro X-64 latest (current) version.

When I run Powershell I get something totally illegible (I don't like these standard dark themes anyway that loads see to these days)

Anyway to get back to the old way when it used to present a lightish blue background with easily readable text in white !!! rather than this cludge here that I can't make head or tail of.

Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change [​IMG]

Cheers

jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 19, 2019

2. Change email app to default to unread view

Every time I open the email app it defaults to the "all" view. I cannot find any settings to change this, but it would be better if it defaulted to the "unread" list instead. Is there any way to change this?

Also if I open an email from the unread list then return to the unread list, it would be nice if the list got updated to remove the item I have just read. Currently it doesn't refresh the list.

Les Ferguson, Feb 19, 2019
  3. windows 10 font buggy/unreadable

Hi Jose,

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • How did you install Windows 10? From which operating system did you upgrade to Windows 10?

I would suggest you to use these commands to repair Windows:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Hope it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change

Time Change with cmd

Hello Hasan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to change the time. We will help you.

In the Date and Time Settings dialog box, do one or more of the following:

• To change the hour, double-click the hour, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the minutes, double-click the minutes, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• To change the seconds, double-click the seconds, and then click the arrows to increase or decrease the value.

• When you have finished changing the time settings, click OK.

• To change the time zone, click Change time zone.

• In the Time Zone Settings dialog box, click your current time zone in the drop-down list, and then click
      OK.
    Also I suggest you to check the below steps to change the time using the command prompt.

• Right click on Start and select the
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type the word "time". Type a space, and enter the new time in the following format:
    • HH:MM:SS AM/PM. For example, time 5:34:00 PM, time 12:15:00 AM, etc.
    • Press enter or return.
    Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change

1. Powesrhell cmd -- unreadable -- how to change - Similar Threads - Powesrhell cmd unreadable

2. Change password in CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password in CMD: Hi,I am trying to change my old computer password. I put net user musername *It gave this and I do not know what type in order to set the new password. The online solution screen iOS different from mine. Please help. Thank you !NET USER[username [password *] [options]]...
  3. Change password in CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change password in CMD: Hi,I am trying to change my old computer password. I put net user musername *It gave this and I do not know what type in order to set the new password. The online solution screen iOS different from mine. Please help. Thank you !NET USER[username [password *] [options]]...
  4. Change password in CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  6. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  7. How do I change how unread messages are differentiated from read messages?

How do I change how unread messages are differentiated from read messages?: The Previous version of Outlook I could adjust how unread messages are differentiated from read messages. I have bad eyes, I had it set so unread message were a different color and larger font so I could really see them. In the Mail app everything bleeds into each other. It...
  8. How do I change how unread messages are differentiated from read messages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change how unread messages are differentiated from read messages?: The Previous version of Outlook I could adjust how unread messages are differentiated from read messages. I have bad eyes, I had it set so unread message were a different color and larger font so I could really see them. In the Mail app everything bleeds into each other. It...
  9. How to change account permissions using cmd?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change account permissions using cmd?: Hello so I want to delete dad's admin account from my PC because he doesn't use it anyway and all it does is restricts me from installing anything. And I have it all planned out and everything and all I need to know is how to change my account's permission 'cause Windows...
  10. How to change CMD username

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change CMD username: So I really dont know how to change the name: (C:\Users\TheNameIwantToChange) of the cmd user. I have tried multiple attempts at renaming my account but I never succeeded. I have a windows account linked to my PC if thats any help. submitted by /u/A2uma [link] [comments]...