Windows 10: pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted

Discus and support pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so i went to adapters, and then clicked "incoming connection" in order to make a pptp connection to my computer possible. when added to the adapters... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by thomasmargotta, Sep 13, 2019.

1. pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted

so i went to adapters, and then clicked "incoming connection" in order to make a pptp connection to my computer possible. when added to the adapters the connection works, and works fine. all ports forwarded. everything is great. i restart my computer and the "incoming connections" adapter that was created is completely gone. i have to add it again. once i do it works but this is seriously inconvenient. i turned off power saver (intel proset adapter configuration) but it still wont work. (some forum suggested that may be a problem.) id also like to add that ive contacted microsoft support about this twice and got nowhere. at one point i was directed to a number that hung up on me and the agent gave me the number for what appeared to be a scam tech support number. mind you i did actually contact microsoft by phone. and it was a support agent. however they kept thinking that what i meant was that i was CONNECTING TO a pptp vpn using my pc. not using the pc AS A VPN so my android smartphone can remote in to access network resources. can someone please tell me what the heck is going on? i just want my pc to host a pptp vpn without it having to be repeatedly configured every reboot. its extremely frustrating.

:)

thomasmargotta, Sep 13, 2019
  2. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Sep 13, 2019
  3. RUphoff Win User
    Incoming PPTP Connections do not work on Windows 10 pro

I have created an incoming PPTP connection and it did not work. Using a port scanner from uitside my network, I found port 1723 stealth. However, Windows Firewall has correctly turned on access to PPTP an GRE to my machine.

On Windows 7, there was never a problem

As a work around, I have opened port 1723 and the GRE protocol, manual in Windows firewall. That works, but should not be necessary.

Anyone here who knows whether or not this ia a bug in Windows 10, or something has changed by design?

Kind regards,

Ruud Uphoff

RUphoff, Sep 13, 2019
  4. pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted

VPN Host PPTP

Prior to 1703 version of windows 10, pptp hosting worked perfectly for Incoming connections. After upgrade, incoming connections disappeared. It tool awhile but I was able to restore access to this function. Unfortunately, I can't log on remotely. I pinged
    my external address successfully, a portscan on the host revealed 1723 open. Firewall is open to this port. port forwarding is correctly set up and other forwards work on other services (i.e. remote desktop).

I get no errors except for connection unsuccessful

Gordon O3799, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted

1. pptp incoming connection disappears when computer is restarted - Similar Threads - pptp incoming connection

2. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  3. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  4. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. New Incoming Connection

New Incoming Connection: Im trying to host my own vpn on my pc but I am unable to create a new incoming connection, I keep getting this errorIf anyone knows how to fix this, id greatly appreciate it....
  6. Block incoming connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  7. Network drives not connecting when restarting computer

Network drives not connecting when restarting computer: When I start my computer each day, I have to open file explorer and click on each one of my mapped drives before im able to open up any files in those mapped drives. The drives have a red x on them untill I click on each one. Is there a fix for this? Im using Windows 10...
  8. Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my office PPTP VPN: I was trying to connect to my office PPTP VPN, but it fails with no error after the reboot. I tried again but received an error message "the specified port already open". I don’t think the issue is caused by the RAS or my home network because I can connect from other...
  9. Incoming connections blocked

Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...
  10. App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running !

App cant connect to internet when PPTP or Proxy is running !: Hi Problem is windows store apps and some classic softwares (.exe) cant connect to internet when pptp or proxy is running. something you need to know: 1. when Kerio vpn is connected everything is good but i need to use proxy. 2. my pptp and proxy setting is correct...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows incoming connection disappears