Windows 10: PPTP server doesn't work

Discus and support PPTP server doesn't work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m trying to use built-in VPN (PPTP) but I can’t get it to work. I have tested the following configurations : Windows 7 client and Windows 7 server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomashag, Dec 15, 2019.

1. tomashag Win User

PPTP server doesn't work

I’m trying to use built-in VPN (PPTP) but I can’t get it to work. I have tested the following configurations : Windows 7 client and Windows 7 server works, Windows 10 client and Windows 7 server works, but Windows 10 on both client and server doesn’t work. I can ping the server from the client and I deactivated firewalls on both PC:s. Both PC:s are tested for operating system errors. On the Win7 server I can see PPP connection RAS (Dial-in) interface using ipconfig/all but not on the Win10 server. Under network connections I only have ethernet but on the Win7 server I can see a RAS connection. Device manager shows WAN miniport (PPTP) as working on both Win7 and Win10 servers. Netstat -r shows only an ethernet connection (and Npcap). I have no problem with internet. Routing and remote access is enabled. I am getting an icon : Incoming connections -no clients connected when I configue the server. I’m using Win10 Pro 1909. I’m getting no errors on the server but on the client it says it can’t connect which is not surprising when RAS is not working on the server.

:)

tomashag, Dec 15, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PPTP server doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Bushka Win User

PPTP server doesn't work

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

PPTP server doesn't work

1. PPTP server doesn't work - Similar Threads - PPTP server doesn't

2. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  3. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  4. PPTP doesn't work with VPN integrated server in Windows 10 2004 or 20H2 64bits

PPTP doesn't work with VPN integrated server in Windows 10 2004 or 20H2 64bits: Hello, there is a long thread talking of a similar problem with L2TP, that seems to have been solved, but my problem is with PPTP, as the integrated server doesn't support L2TP. With Windows 10 1909 version, everything works OK, I can connect from my laptop Windows 10 2004...
  5. Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port forwarding minecraft server doesn't work: I wanted to create minecraft server, and everything works fine but if i want to port forward minecraft port 25565 it looks like it's ok but if i try port forward cheker or say my friend to connect it is not working. Thank you for help!...
  6. Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect to my work PPTP VPN: I cannot connect to my work PPTP VPN. After rebooting I get the error the specified port already open. I tried to connect using different Windows 10 computers and it was OK so I think there is no issue with either the RAS or my home network.\ I tried to delete and recreate...
  7. process called system send data to ip pptp server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    process called system send data to ip pptp server: Sorry for my bad English I connected to VPN a few days ago PPTP connection in Windows 7 Then I realized when my system connected to vpn pptp , A process called "system" send data to server PPTP Without my permission And without i running a software ! just i connect pptp...
  8. Printing through server doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing through server doesn't work anymore: Hi everybody, I have a multifunction HP C5280 printer connected via USB to my router that has a built in printer server and it's a couple of days I can't print through it from my laptop anymore (but I still can print from my smartphone as always). The problem started...
  9. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...
  10. PPTP VPN setup

PPTP VPN setup: The connection is between my Win10 laptop (build 10586.71) and my home Buffalo router. The connection worked fine before from Windows 7, and it still works via my android phone (6.0.1). But now, when I try to connect, I get "The PPP link control protocol was terminated."...