Windows 10: pptx files don't appear in search results

Discus and support pptx files don't appear in search results in Cortana to solve the problem; Ever since i installed Office 2019, it seems that when i search for text in my powerpoint folder, old ppt files show up, but not pptx. i've checked... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by N.Cognito, Dec 15, 2018.

1. N.Cognito Win User

pptx files don't appear in search results

Ever since i installed Office 2019, it seems that when i search for text in my powerpoint folder, old ppt files show up, but not pptx. i've checked indexing options and everything else, but i can't get pptx files to appear in search results.

Any ideas?

:)

N.Cognito, Dec 15, 2018

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      pptx files don't appear in search results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Dec 15, 2018
  3. LemP Win User
    pptx

Sorry, this is an English-language forum.

PPTX files can be opened with Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 or newer

There are several additional options. See (in English):
    https://www.lifewire.com/pptx-file-2622191

******************************************************************************************************

با عرض پوزش، این یک انجمن انگلیسی زبان است.

فایل های PPTX را می توان با Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 یا جدیدتر باز کرد

چند گزینه اضافی وجود دارد. ببینید (به زبان انگلیسی): What's a PPTX File and How Do You Open One?

4. pptx files don't appear in search results

File Explorer Search: Results not opening

When I use File Explorer Search in my user folders, the results appear to have lost their association and do not open when I click them.

Before search:

pptx files don't appear in search results [​IMG]

After search for "Get"

pptx files don't appear in search results [​IMG]

Note the icons have gone, the folder is not listed. Clicking the file does zilch.

nigelmercier, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

pptx files don't appear in search results

1. pptx files don't appear in search results - Similar Threads - pptx files don't

2. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  3. Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search issue - apps not appearing in search results: Dear Microsoft Community,I am facing a perplexing issue on my Windows 11 Pro system. Several Microsoft Store applications, such as WhatsApp, Calculator, and Camera, are not appearing in Windows Search results. Oddly, this problem extends beyond Microsoft Store apps;...
  4. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  5. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results wont appear: I decided id clear up my start programs because there was so much in it and so I thought it would be a good idea to go into my start programs folder and delete all the shortcut icons and I think even the folder and now when i search for a program for say Valorant it doesn't...
  6. Search results wont appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Bing Results appear on Search Bar: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MysteryBoBCat69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ipzwcy/random_bing_results_appear_on_search_bar/
  8. File History files in search results

in Windows 10 Support
    File History files in search results: I have a second HD I use both for storage and system backup. Today I needed to find some Corel stuff I have in it, so I did a search with Explorer. And just found that the results include many files identified like this: [img] These File History files, which are in a...
  9. Deleted files keep appearing in search results Windows 10

in Cortana
    Deleted files keep appearing in search results Windows 10: Hello, I really hope someone can help me. My problem is that search results in Windows explorer don't seem to be refreshing. I have an indexed external drive with thousands of files and I'm in the process of deleting unwanted duplicates. When I search the drive it works...
  10. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i search for ppt in file explorer it doesnt show up

2. it appears that we dont support this format