Windows 10: Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a...

Discus and support Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a pre-built PC from a store and i decided to run out of paranoia a virus scan when i turned the PC on for the first time, to my surprise it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LeonardHo2, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a...

I bought a pre-built PC from a store and i decided to run out of paranoia a virus scan when i turned the PC on for the first time, to my surprise it found a SEVERE threat, it was something relating to KMSpico which i had never heard of in my life. After googling i found that it is a program that allows you to crack windows and other Microsoft apps, and it seems thats how my Windows version has been "activated". I scanned with Windows Defender and removed the threat and i scanned again including a full scan and it appeared again and i removed it again. I ran a quick scan and the quick scan reported no new threats. I downloaded MalwareBytes and i scanned my system with the "Scan for rootkits" option on, and no threats were found. I scanned one more time with a full scan using Windows Defender and it concluded that no threats were found. I am scared and if possible i want to completly remove this app, i know that if i do this my copy of Windows will not work but thats fine, i want to do a complete fresh install of Windows and pay for an actual license, i do not trust this app even if 2 trustworthy antiviruses say that there are no threats in my PC. I know how to perform a brand new Windows install but i want to make sure that if i do so KMSpico will be uninstalled without a trace remaining. Do i do a simple full Windows reinstall or do i have to do something else as well? If i did not mention this already, there are still files from KMSpico left over in my PC, they are on Program files/KMSpico, that folder is 26MB and has a "uninstall" button but i obviously did not click it, along with some other files. I even scanned the folder specifically using Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and they didnt find any threats on it. Do i need to manually remove this folder and then perform the fresh Windows install? Can someone help me?

:)

LeonardHo2, Nov 28, 2020

2. pirated version of windows

They don't.

Look up "reduced functionality"

And pirated versions are normally include malware.

Bill Smithers, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    difference btw cracked and genuine windows

In a nutshell some sites suggest it is illegal while others state it isn’t. It does seem to be a grey area.

There isn’t any differences between a cracked version & a genuine version of Windows when comparing the features as far as I know.

Are you looking for some specific answer as to any differences other than the answers I’ve given?

These are the points from the Vulcan post link:

1. You Could Face Large Fines, Or Even Jail-Time

2. Viruses And Malware Are Just The Start

The name “pirate” itself is a warning bell, because many programmes come with backdoors built in that lets the pirate group responsible for the cracked programme to get up to all sorts of mischief.

For example, ransomware is a form of malware that basically locks your computer system up until you pay a ransom fee.

It’s probably wise for you to back all your work online in case this happens to you. Or better yet, just skip the pirated software altogether.

3. You’re Killing The Industry, And That’s Just Going To Hurt You

4. You Can’t Update Your Software, And You’ll Live With Bugs

5. Software Malfunctions, And You Deal With The Fallout

Time Lady, Nov 28, 2020
  4. karel Win User

Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a...

Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a...

1. Pre-built PC came with pirated version of Windows cracked with malware, how do i perform a... - Similar Threads - Pre built came

2. I have a pirated version of windows 11, how do i make it genuine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a pirated version of windows 11, how do i make it genuine?: Hello, I lived in Iran and bought a laptop with windows 11 pro activated on it, but then I realised that the windows is actually pirated naturally, now I'm in Denmark and I decided to make my copy of windows 11 legit, i know that i should buy a windows 11 pro activation key...
  3. I have a pirated version of windows 11, how do i make it genuine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a pirated version of windows 11, how do i make it genuine?: Hello, I lived in Iran and bought a laptop with windows 11 pro activated on it, but then I realised that the windows is actually pirated naturally, now I'm in Denmark and I decided to make my copy of windows 11 legit, i know that i should buy a windows 11 pro activation key...
  4. If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?: My pc has been problematic recently so I want to completely reset it and I am worried that if I do I will lose the license since I don't have a product key for it....
  5. If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?: My pc has been problematic recently so I want to completely reset it and I am worried that if I do I will lose the license since I don't have a product key for it....
  6. If I factory reset my pre built will I lose the windows 10 license it came with?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. My pc came with a pirated version of windows

My pc came with a pirated version of windows: Hello so I recently bought a pc and I was setting it up and gonna activate it when it says I'm on windows enterprise and that I am not connected to the server so I'm not sure what to do and would really like to get rid of it once and for all and have a legitimate version of...
  8. How to activate windows 10 that came pre installed on pc

How to activate windows 10 that came pre installed on pc: Good day, I have been trying to activate windows 10 after getting a water mark that says activate windows, however, when i try i keep getting an error, I have read ohow to go about activating windows but none of what I have read has worked for me. I keep getting the same...
  9. Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do pre-built desktop PC's have built in Wi-Fi?: I have run into some confusion. I thought it was a given that all new pre-built desktop and laptop PC's would have built in Wi-Fi. However, after during some research online, some sources said some PC's come with built in Wi-Fi and some don't. So let's say I went on Amazon...
  10. Formatting pre built pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Formatting pre built pc: Ok so i really hope somebody can help me with this. I bought a pre built pc a few days ago. This is a "demo" pc which pretty much meant the pc was returned/repaired and not picked up again so they sold it very cheap. Now the first thing i did when i got it was check for...