Windows 10: Pre-download Pin

Discus and support Pre-download Pin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to download steam on my desktop but every time i try to install it the desktop will ask for a pin which i never set, is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BryanQuaye, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Pre-download Pin

I am trying to download steam on my desktop but every time i try to install it the desktop will ask for a pin which i never set, is there any way to remove this authentication pin so i can download the app to my PC?

Thanks

:)

BryanQuaye, Mar 24, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Pinning Downloaded Applications

Hi Aakash Sahani,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Are you facing this issue with all apps?
    • How you are trying to pin apps?

I suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check.

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Go to Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Follow the steps to pin the program or app in start menu.

• Right click on the program or app.
    • Click on Pin to start option.
    • The program or app shall be add in start page.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Pre-download Pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Pre-download Pin

1. Pre-download Pin - Similar Threads - Pre download Pin

2. Pre os

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre os: I want you to make Windows 10 beta OS runner. it can run...Windows 1,2,3,3.1,9x,Nt x.0,XP,vista,7,8,10 RTMWindows 98 Build 1351,1415,1511,1546,1593,1619Windows Nt 5 1506,1607,1884,2000,2031Windows Xp 5111,2270,2474,2481,2492Windows Longhorn...
  3. Pre os

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre os: I want you to make Windows 10 beta OS runner. it can run...Windows 1,2,3,3.1,9x,Nt x.0,XP,vista,7,8,10 RTMWindows 98 Build 1351,1415,1511,1546,1593,1619Windows Nt 5 1506,1607,1884,2000,2031Windows Xp 5111,2270,2474,2481,2492Windows Longhorn...
  4. Game Pass redownloads a pre-downloaded game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Pass redownloads a pre-downloaded game: I recently pre-downloaded A Plague Tale Requiem and when I opened the Game Pass app this morning, it started to redownload the entire game... This has happened before with another game in the past... Is there a solution? Am I doing something wrong? Or this this a common issue...
  5. Game Pass redownloads a pre-downloaded game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass redownloads a pre-downloaded game: I recently pre-downloaded A Plague Tale Requiem and when I opened the Game Pass app this morning, it started to redownload the entire game... This has happened before with another game in the past... Is there a solution? Am I doing something wrong? Or this this a common issue...
  6. Game Pass redownloads a pre-downloaded game

7. BitLocker setup without Pre-Boot pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker setup without Pre-Boot pin: I wanted to setup Bitlocker to boot up without the need of using the pin but yet wanted the recovery key to be hosted onto Active Directory. How can I achieve this?...
  8. Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to pre-download flight simulator to my external ssd: I just pre ordered the new Microsoft Flight Simulator on the Microsoft Store but when I try to pre-download it I can't seem to find my external ssd in the drop down menu. I chatted with Microsoft customer support and they told me to wait until after the game is released to...
  9. Windows Downloaded with no Pre-installed apps

Windows Downloaded with no Pre-installed apps: I re-installed Windows 10 and checked in my start menu and saw no pre-installed apps. Can someone please help me. It also has no Windows Store. I tried to get it back but it shows nothing. Please help....
  10. pre-launching and pre-loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pre-launching and pre-loading: Last week I disabled pre-launching and pre-loading by editing the registry so CCleaner could fully clean Edge. This week both features have been re-enabled and I cannot get to the proper area in the registry to make the same editing entries. Can anybody help with this issue?...