Windows 10: Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken

Discus and support Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently ran into a problem where my HP omen laptop was setting all my files on my internal ssd to read only and it would not let me take them out.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SupremeBigbird, May 1, 2020.

1. Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken

I recently ran into a problem where my HP omen laptop was setting all my files on my internal ssd to read only and it would not let me take them out. After about 3-4 hours of trying to fix the problem I decided to give up and reset my pc with a clean install. However, my pc was stuck at 44% for about five hours I did this twice and it got stuck at 47% the second time. I chose to cancel the reset and install windows from an usb using installation media which got windows on my computer and wiped everything just fine.

This is where I ran into my problem. My microsoft apps such as mail, the store, and contacts etc. will not open. I did some research and tried to repair the apps, I've reinstalled windows again with no change, and even ran WSReset.exe in powershell with no luck. I am lost on what to do from here and would love some help from anyone that can.

:)

SupremeBigbird, May 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 1, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, May 1, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken

1. Pre installed Microsoft store and windows 10 apps are not working and broken - Similar Threads - Pre installed Microsoft

2. Broken/Deleted Microsoft Store + App Installer?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Broken/Deleted Microsoft Store + App Installer?: Its been around half a year that my microsoft store has been broken now, and I am trying to fix it again. I used the method from my previous request in 2021 with the Xbox app, which supposedly installed the 'Microsoft Store' but still doesnt open/work as it is probably still...
  3. Broken/Deleted Microsoft Store + App Installer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken/Deleted Microsoft Store + App Installer?: Its been around half a year that my microsoft store has been broken now, and I am trying to fix it again. I used the method from my previous request in 2021 with the Xbox app, which supposedly installed the 'Microsoft Store' but still doesnt open/work as it is probably still...
  4. Broken/Deleted Microsoft Store + App Installer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is broken. Microsoft Store Broken: Hello, I have recently had problems in windows 10. For starters, I had to reset my pc 2 different times. Now my Microsoft store is no longer working. It opens but when I try to download something it stops gives me code 0x80072f8f. I reinstalled the store via PowerShell, ran...
  6. Pre installed apps not working.

Pre installed apps not working.: I have recently had issues with pre-installed apps on my laptop. Things like the app store and photo viewer don't work. What makes this 10x more frustrating is that the feedback hub and the Get help apps also don't work so i cant even report the issue. This is extremally...
  7. Pre installed apps on Windows 10 Not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre installed apps on Windows 10 Not working: Hi, I switched to windows 10 when I got a new PC almost about half a year ago. I was excited as I loved the GUI. Once I switched though, I was having all sorts of issues such as: Too many updates the updates would slow down the computer keep reading to find out how it...
  8. Microsoft store apps broken

Microsoft store apps broken: so i've been having a problem with the microsoft store where multiple microsoft apps won't update or install, i've got the error code 0x80070057. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-broken/2d422ac1-9465-4dc8-b6d1-d027aa09f357
  9. Microsoft Store and other pre-installed apps not working???

Microsoft Store and other pre-installed apps not working???: When I try to open the microsoft store nothing happens. When i try to open it from the start menu it looks almost blacked out with a small exclamation point in the bottom right corner, still nothing happens. I noticed a lot of the pre_installed apps such as Feedback Hub,...
  10. Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 broken after uninstall of pre-installed App-Games: Today I decided to uninstall some of the App-Games that were installed on my system. Among these were (as far as I recall the names) : - Soda Candy Crush - Bubble Gems 3 - March of Empires: War of Lords - and another one whose name I do not recall at all I uninstalled...