Windows 10: Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled

Discus and support Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me find a solid workflow for this issue. I bought some new PCs from Dell which had Windows 10 and Office... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Christopher Reeves, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone can help me find a solid workflow for this issue. I bought some new PCs from Dell which had Windows 10 and Office preinstalled on them - kind of SOP at our company. But Windows 10 and the microsoft store makes things needlessly complicated when compared to Windows 7.

The pre-installed Office apps are Microsoft Store apps. They're accessible using a local admin account. But once you log in with a domain account, the Store is missing and so are the associated apps.

There is neither a group nor local policy set to block the store.

Can anyone suggest a method to make sure the pre-installed store apps are available with a domain account without?

Thanks,

Chris

:)

Christopher Reeves, Feb 15, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 15, 2019
  3. mafia97 Win User
    Youtube disabled my account, help please

the page where is said account disabled , it also showed a link saying next step is to contact us,
    i ran that link and reported the problem, still no reply

mafia97, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled

Pre-installed Office apps on Lumia 950xl do not allow editing

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled

1. Pre-installed Office not available with domain accounts - store is disabled - Similar Threads - Pre installed Office

2. Domain Isn't Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain Isn't Available: I added a PC to a domain and was able to login in using an AD user account. I logged out. The next day I'm unable to login, I now get the message your domain isn't available. I can't login locally anymore either? I'm stuck unable to login to the PC. I'm also no longer able to...
  3. Pre-installed Office deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre-installed Office deleted: I accidentally deleted pre-installed office in windows 10. When I try reinstalling again from the web, I'm stuck when entering product key. It says we can't find your subscription, did you use another account to purchase. Office was already installed from the shop. What can I...
  4. Pre-installed Office deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pre-installed Office deleted: I accidentally deleted pre-installed office in windows 10. When I try reinstalling again from the web, I'm stuck when entering product key. It says we can't find your subscription, did you use another account to purchase. Office was already installed from the shop. What can I...
  5. Pre-installed office activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre-installed office activation: I bought a laptop with a pre-installed office 2009. I did system format after some months and after that I was not able to activate the pre-installed office. I login using the same email I'd I used before format. But this time in my account that service was not listed!! I...
  6. Laptop unable to log into domain account via wifi "domain isn't available"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop unable to log into domain account via wifi "domain isn't available": While using ethernet, I was able to join the laptop to my domain, but when I try logging in with wifi, it doesn't work. It sounds like this could be a group policy issue, but I'm not the one who set it all up. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction on where...
  7. Can't activate pre-installed office.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't activate pre-installed office.: Hey everybody I have got the information from HP support that why i cant activate office. they told me that I have used my gmail account to sign-in to windows when my father bought the laptop, so Microsoft is not allowing me to activate the office by my gmail account.They are...
  8. Pre-installed Windows-10 and Microsoft office

Pre-installed Windows-10 and Microsoft office: Hi, I recently bought a Dell Inspiron laptop for my son Master Dheeraj Sutram from Amazon which claimed it has pre-installed versions of Windows-10 and Microsoft office (home edition). The Order ID is 403-0952619-7738768 [1 of Dell Inspiron 3567 Core i3 6th Gen 15.6-inch...
  9. Windows 10 with microsoft office 2010 pre-installed

Windows 10 with microsoft office 2010 pre-installed: I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows 10 along with 2010 Microsoft Office pre-installed. I have multiple users on the laptop and when a user other than me the administrator tries to use excel or Word it asks for user name and password to activate?...
  10. Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010: With my continuing efforts to assist my brother in tailoring his new ThinkPad (X1 Yoga) laptop, I've recently discovered an unexpected problem relating to Microsoft Office, and specifically (at this point), with Word. As indicated in this post's title, his laptop came with...