Windows 10: Pre-installed windows serial number

Discus and support Pre-installed windows serial number in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I intend to buy a laptop which has windows 10 pre-installed, I want to make sure I won't lose it, so in case the activated windows copy was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Mohammad3id, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Pre-installed windows serial number

Hello,

I intend to buy a laptop which has windows 10 pre-installed, I want to make sure I won't lose it, so in case the activated windows copy was uninstalled for any reason, can I reinstall an unactivated windows copy using a bootable usb flash memory for example and activate it with the serial number of the pre-installed windows that came with the laptop in the first place? If yes, how can I find that serial number?

:)

Mohammad3id, Apr 26, 2019

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, Apr 26, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Pre-installed windows serial number

tamara_sadel, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Pre-installed windows serial number

1. Pre-installed windows serial number - Similar Threads - Pre installed serial

2. product serial number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    product serial number: product serial number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-serial-number/b0932903-bdc9-4e7f-99a2-d22c0b7ad143
  3. Windows serial number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  4. Windows serial number

Windows serial number: Hi, last week i bought a new laptop with DOS so i installed Windows 11 and then i I bought actiavion key online. I activeted windows, everything went good but laptop started to get BSOD atleast once evry 30-60 minutes so i sended it back to the store and apperently it was...
  5. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  6. serial number?

serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  7. serial number?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Remove Serial number

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Serial number: Random question, does anyone know how to brute remove a serial number off a PC? ( I mean the devices factory serial number) submitted by /u/Natural_Cockroach732 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqnv0l/remove_serial_number/
  9. TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TRACKING WITH SERIAL NUMBER: I am Hussain Shihabdeen from Qatar Recently i lost my laptop Dell Latitude E6430 device i have only serial number of the laptop how to track the location with serial number. i mean is there any methods to get notification from the device when connect to internet i haven't...
  10. Windows 10 Serial Number

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Serial Number: Just bought an SSD, planning on reinstalling Win10 on it. I can't use CMD, so... Is the "Product ID" the same as the Serial number/Product key? Edit: Solved, thanks to everyone...