Windows 10: Pre-setting printer scales

Discus and support Pre-setting printer scales in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I want my printer to print at 90% scale and I print a lot of stuff. Is there an option to pre set the scale to automatically 90% rather than keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by laurencegoff, May 3, 2021.

1. Pre-setting printer scales

Hi, I want my printer to print at 90% scale and I print a lot of stuff. Is there an option to pre set the scale to automatically 90% rather than keep changing it every time I want to print something off?Thanks for help

:)

laurencegoff, May 3, 2021

2. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to customize the display scaling and check if it helps.

• Right click on the open area on the Desktop.
    • Select the Graphics properties.
    • Click on Display option.
    • Click on the General settings from the left pane.
    • Under the Scaling click on the Customize
      Aspect Ratio
      and try to customize.
    • Click on Apply.
    • If you want to reset the display scaling settings then follow till the above 4th step.
    • Then under the Scaling click on the Maintain Display Scaling.
    • Click on Apply.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 3, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 3, 2021
  4. Pre-setting printer scales

how do i change disconnected setting to connected setting on my printer

Hi Robert,

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: Fix printer problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with the Printer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Pre-setting printer scales

1. Pre-setting printer scales - Similar Threads - Pre setting printer

2. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  3. Resetting scale setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting scale setting: Hey Microsoft I accidentally changed my scale and now my whole screen looks weird do you know how I could reset that setting without having to uninstall windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-scale-setting/1c7cb1cf-6d8a-46f3-9d61-7f953e8c904e
  4. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  5. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting a custom scaling factor: So what im trying to understand here is how the custom scaling factor works.I set my custom scaling factor to 100% and turned off the "let Windows try to fix scaling for apps" feature. Now my desktop looks the exact same as expected and wanted but my mouse movement feels...
  6. Setting a custom scaling factor

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to pre-set the volume of an app

How to pre-set the volume of an app: When I open a loud app and set the volume of it in Volume Mixer, it only changes for the current session. So, is there a way I can change the volume also for future uses of an app?...
  8. Scale and Layout setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    Scale and Layout setting?: I have a 14 inch laptop and I was wondering what would be the best Scaling and Layout? Should I leave it at the recommended level of 150% or 125%? I tried the 125% setting, and looks more professional, the layout of apps and windows are a bit smaller, but seems appropriate....
  9. Pre-set up software install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre-set up software install?: Hello, I have a new hp 15 laptop and I am tryin to find out if I can install a program before it goes through the initial windows setup? 135077
  10. Display scale / settings

Display scale / settings: I'm running dual 32" screens (required for drafting, not reduced vision) and need to reduce my 'display' screen to a custom scale less than 100%. I've been through the 'system' - 'display' - 'scale and layout' - 'custom scaling' - but 100% is the smallest option possible?...