Windows 10: Prebuilt PC "Hardware changed" Activation Problems

Discus and support Prebuilt PC "Hardware changed" Activation Problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey, so I recently bought a new PC prebuilt because it's cheaper than actually assembling it myself and my windows will not activate. This PC came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Allenson, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Allenson Win User

Prebuilt PC "Hardware changed" Activation Problems

Hey, so I recently bought a new PC prebuilt because it's cheaper than actually assembling it myself and my windows will not activate. This PC came with Windows 10 Home Edition and the Windows key is derived from the motherboard according to the tech support from the company I bought it from, however I cannot pull the key manually to be able to activate my windows. The error I'm getting is "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211"This is a big hassle and I've had very little luck finding a solution.

:)

Allenson, Aug 30, 2021

2. Activation problems after hardware changes and reinstallations.

Hi Meli,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Was Windows 10 activated before re-installing it?

Along with the suggestions provided by Greg, you can also refer the steps below.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Get help with Windows 10 activation errors:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/activation-errors-windows-10

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Can I clean re-install Windows 10 after upgrading?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 30, 2021
  3. Windows Will Not Activate after a hardware upgrade

I recently changed my motherboard and my processor. Heck I changed everything except my hard drive and now windows will not activate. I've done all the steps suggested in activation of windows but it is not working. The original computer was a prebuilt,
    it had windows 7 on it. I upgraded it to windows 10 when it came out. Obviously I'd like to avoid having to pay for another product key if at all possible.

CooperManley, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Prebuilt PC "Hardware changed" Activation Problems

Activation on new hardware

In the activation troubleshooter, when it detects no problems or gets to the end screen, click "I changed hardware on my PC recently", and select the license that corresponds to your PC. You might need to restart your PC.

orangeturtle197, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Prebuilt PC "Hardware changed" Activation Problems

1. Prebuilt PC "Hardware changed" Activation Problems - Similar Threads - Prebuilt Hardware changed

2. Activation problems after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation problems after hardware change.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and SSD in one go, and installed Windows from a boot USB I created. The thing is, Windows 10 Pro is linked to my Microsoft account, but in the installer I forgot this and selected Windows 10 Home instead. Now, I have that annoying Activate...
  3. Activation problems after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation problems after hardware change.: I recently upgraded my motherboard and SSD in one go, and installed Windows from a boot USB I created. The thing is, Windows 10 Pro is linked to my Microsoft account, but in the installer I forgot this and selected Windows 10 Home instead. Now, I have that annoying Activate...
  4. Activation problems after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Activation Problem after Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Problem after Hardware Change: I recently changed my motherboard, among some other hardware, and windows has de-activated itself. I've tried re-entering my key, however it rejects it. I am using Windows 10, however I previously owned Windows 8.1 and upgraded it when Windows 10 was free, so I think that is...
  6. Activation problem after hardware change

Activation problem after hardware change: Hello, I recently change my motherboard. It is now broken and i cannot get the product key anymore. I got my new PC and was expecting that after logging my account i can transfer my Windows 10 license to the new PC. Now it keeps saying that it needs product key which i...
  7. Activation problems after hardware change

Activation problems after hardware change: Hi all, as stated above, I am having trouble activating windows on my PC. It was fully activated with a windows 10 home edition with a cd key I got off a 3rd party seller, however I have just changed every component in my PC Mother board, HDD's, the lot since the change I...
  8. Problem activating after hardware change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem activating after hardware change: I have Win Pro 10 on a computer that has basically none of the original parts left. It's been asking me to activate the copy for some time now. I've tried the commnad prompt tricks that come up when you google for this problem, and the Windows app Safe Key Plus, and the...
  9. Windows activation problem after a hardware change

Windows activation problem after a hardware change: I've recently change the motherboard and my CPU and I can't activate windows 10 anymore. When I go to troubleshooting -> I recently made an hardware change It tells me that it can't activate windows. [ATTACH]...
  10. Hardware change resulted in problems with Windows activation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware change resulted in problems with Windows activation: I cannot activate Windows on part of my PC. It started in the following way: I use an old PC where Windows 7 was installed, then I upgraded to Windows 8, then I upgraded part of the PC to Windows 10 and reinstalled the system. After that I activated Windows using settings...