Windows 10: Precautions to take when buying Windows and Office product licenses

Discus and support Precautions to take when buying Windows and Office product licenses in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Software piracy is an issue that affects not only the developers but also the […] This article Precautions to take when buying Windows and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 3, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Precautions to take when buying Windows and Office product licenses

WinClub, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Kari Win User
    Kari, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Conor1974 Win User

License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Precautions to take when buying Windows and Office product licenses - Similar Threads - Precautions buying Office

2. Buying a license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying a license: Where can I buy a license or a key for the Russian version of Windows 11 while living in Israel. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-a-license/83053399-8251-44ba-98e0-31719f649aba
  3. Buying a license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying a license: Where can I buy a license or a key for the Russian version of Windows 11 while living in Israel. Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-a-license/83053399-8251-44ba-98e0-31719f649aba
  4. Buying ex-office desktop - licensing problems when it doesn't support Win11

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buying ex-office desktop - licensing problems when it doesn't support Win11: Hi Could I end up with a perfectly good PC rendered useless by Win11 requirements and Win10 being no longer available?My work place are replacing their desktop PCs. The ones they are selling are still very good even at a few years old but don't support Win 11. If I buy one of...
  5. Buying ex-office desktop - licensing problems when it doesn't support Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buying ex-office desktop - licensing problems when it doesn't support Win11: Hi Could I end up with a perfectly good PC rendered useless by Win11 requirements and Win10 being no longer available?My work place are replacing their desktop PCs. The ones they are selling are still very good even at a few years old but don't support Win 11. If I buy one of...
  6. Buying ex-office desktop - licensing problems when it doesn't support Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Buy a License Key or Product Ley

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Buy a License Key or Product Ley: How to buy a license key or product key? Do I can Buy it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buy-a-license-key-or-product-ley/eb8dd9f7-03f1-49a7-9b7c-5dada28704e9
  8. Office Products Taking Up Space ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Products Taking Up Space ???: I ONLY have Word 2010. I do not have Excel, Power Point etc., BUT Update History shows that updates for these products that I DO NOT HAVE, have been installed. Are they truly taking up space on my hard drive ? If the products are not installed, where are these updates going...
  9. buying office

buying office: Please is there any other method of payment other than through card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buying-office/6abd8fe6-e497-450b-ba34-d0033d9e7bd4
  10. Important precautions to take before upgrading to Windows 10

Important precautions to take before upgrading to Windows 10: I recently upgraded two brand new off the shelf "computers" to Windows 10 and a couple of precautions saved me a whole lot of time. I say "computers" in quotes because one was a cheap 10" tablet from WalMart and the other is a cheap stick computer I am now using as a media...