Windows 10: Precision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth

Discus and support Precision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a precision mouse. This kind:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomKid01, Mar 18, 2021.

1. TomKid01 Win User

Precision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth

Hi all,

I have a precision mouse. This kind:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/surface-precision-mouse/8qc5p0d8ddjt?SilentAuth=1&wa=wsignin1.0&activetab=pivotPrecision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth :eek:verviewtab

It works great over Bluetooth. Here's the thing. It used to work great while plugged in. On older computers, I could have this thing plugged in and charging and it would work perfectly even though not connected over Bluetooth. On newer computers, a new Surface and also a new ASUS, it only works over Bluetooth. If plugged in and not on Bluetooth it works for a certain interval of time 5-30min and then stops working. By the way - it still works great on the one older computer I still have - this isn't some sort of degradation of the mouse itself.

If someone can solve this - if someone can figure out why this mouse won't work plugged in on the newer computers, this person gets credit for beating both Starbucks and - depending on who replies - Microsoft tech support.

:)

TomKid01, Mar 18, 2021
  2. Hans L Win User

MS Precision mouse not working in 1909

I will do this in the afternoon today. One question, though:

"Now, your mouse should be be showing in the list." Which list? Or did you mean "Now, your mouse should NOT be showing in the list."?

Hans L, Mar 18, 2021
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Precision Mouse/Windows 10 Bluetooth issues

Hi Rob,

There might be a problem with your precision mouse that causes the issue.
    To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried testing the mouse on a different computer?

We would also recommend that you check out this
    link this will provide you steps on how to troubleshoot Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. In case the issue occurs, it
    would be best that you visit your device manufacturer website so you can download the latest driver that will be compatible with your computer.

We look forward to your response.

Rose Ter, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Precision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth

MS Precision mouse not working in 1909

In your post, in addition to the transceiver, you note that your mouse has a pairing button. So if your mouse does not use a transceiver and if it is bluetooth, then try this...

First, go to the list of connected bluetooth devices in settings by pressing Windows Key + R, in the Run box that opens type "ms-settings:bluetooth", and press ENTER. Does this screen indicate that bluetooth is on? In the "Mouse, keyboard, & pen" section, does your mouse appear and does it say "Paired" or "Connected"?

If bluetooth is on and you see either indication (Paired or Connected) but the mouse is not working, let's remove it and add it again. If the mouse is not showing, just skip past the next paragraph and continue.

Click the name of the mouse on this screen. A "Remove" button should appear. Click it. Confirm that you wish to remove it.

Now, your mouse should be be showing in the list.

Still on the same screen, near the top, click on "Add bluetooth or other device", then select "Bluetooth". Once again place your mouse in pairing mode by pressing the button until it starts blinking.

At this point it SHOULD show up in the list. Select it to add it.

If that still is not working, report back the results of the above checks / actions.

hsehestedt, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Precision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth

1. Precision Mouse cannot work outside of Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Precision Mouse cannot

2. Bluetooth mouse not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse not working?: so, my bluetooth mouse has worked for a pretty long time, and it still does on my desktop. But on my laptop, now everytime I plug the bluetooth connector in and turn it on, my mouse wont click anything, and it my mousepad wont click anything either. Is there a way to fix...
  3. Bluetooth mouse not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse not working?: so, my bluetooth mouse has worked for a pretty long time, and it still does on my desktop. But on my laptop, now everytime I plug the bluetooth connector in and turn it on, my mouse wont click anything, and it my mousepad wont click anything either. Is there a way to fix...
  4. Microsoft Precision Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Precision Mouse: Hello, I just bought a Microsoft Precision mouse. I'm trying to pair it with my Dell Inspiron 17 laptop. When I go through the steps to pair, nothing comes up in my bluetooth devices. Also my bluetooth compatibility is higher than 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Larry A...
  5. Connecting a microsoft precision mouse via bluetooth

Connecting a microsoft precision mouse via bluetooth: Hi, so I'm trying to connect a Microsoft precision mouse via Bluetooth for the first time and this might be a stupid question, but is seems impossible, since it seems the cable have to be disconnected for the pairing light to start blinking, but if I dis-connect it I can't...
  6. Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center

Microsoft Precision Mouse not working with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center: Hi, Ever since an update with windows around June, I have noticed that my Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse behaving erratically. 1 The smart switch feature has been slower than before. 2 My macros has been back to default. It was not a problem for me until I opened up...
  7. MS Precision mouse not working in 1909

MS Precision mouse not working in 1909: Hello: I had my mouse working in Win 10 1803. Cleanly updated to v 1909, and can't get the mouse to work. MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed. In Bluetooth & other devices: Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center) and Microsoft Wireless Transceiver are...
  8. How to disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Bluetooth-Black

How to disassemble Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse Bluetooth-Black: Hi! I would like to disassemble the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse but I can't find any manual or tutorial on how to do it. No screws are visible and the top lid does not seem to come off easily. Link the the mouse:...
  9. Bluetooth mouse not working

Bluetooth mouse not working: I have a Bluetooth 3.0 mouse that stopped functioning 2 days ago. I have un-installed and reinstalled the mouse several times. In the Bluetooth window, the mouse shows "connected" but doesn't say it is "paired." My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 and uses Windows 10. My Bluetooth...
  10. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed: My Logitech MX Master mouse and K380 keyboard suddenly stop working. They still showed up in the Bluetooth settings, as "paired", but there was no possibility of reconnecting, even when turning Bluetooth off and on. Just "paired". Then I tried unpairing, so I could re-pair,...