Windows 10: Precision mouse not fully charging

Discus and support Precision mouse not fully charging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a Microsoft Precision mouse which has a built-in rechargeable battery. When I plug it in to charge it never goes past 75%. It is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AJJack, Apr 22, 2020.

1. AJJack Win User

Precision mouse not fully charging

I recently bought a Microsoft Precision mouse which has a built-in rechargeable battery. When I plug it in to charge it never goes past 75%. It is plugged into a USB 2.0 port on a Dell laptop using Windows 10.

:)

AJJack, Apr 22, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Precision mouse not fully charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Wenex Win User
    Mouse sensitivity changed by itself. It feels weird, incosistant, like it's on ice.

The enchance pointer precision is off, I did mention it in the post: "- Mouse Acceleration is OFF"

I did the troubleshooting and it found nothing.

Wenex, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Precision Mouse/Windows 10 Bluetooth issues

Hi Rob,

There might be a problem with your precision mouse that causes the issue.
    To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried testing the mouse on a different computer?

We would also recommend that you check out this
    link this will provide you steps on how to troubleshoot Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. In case the issue occurs, it
    would be best that you visit your device manufacturer website so you can download the latest driver that will be compatible with your computer.

We look forward to your response.

Rose Ter, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Precision mouse not fully charging - Similar Threads - Precision mouse fully

2. bug fully charged

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    bug fully charged: HelloIt's been a few days now that my laptop shows 100% charge level, while when I pull out the charging cable from the laptop, the laptop turns off, and in fact, it can be said that it only stays on with the charger, and of course, when the laptop is on I just turn it on, it...
  3. bug fully charged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bug fully charged: HelloIt's been a few days now that my laptop shows 100% charge level, while when I pull out the charging cable from the laptop, the laptop turns off, and in fact, it can be said that it only stays on with the charger, and of course, when the laptop is on I just turn it on, it...
  4. bug fully charged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Precision Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Precision Mouse: Hello, I just bought a Microsoft Precision mouse. I'm trying to pair it with my Dell Inspiron 17 laptop. When I go through the steps to pair, nothing comes up in my bluetooth devices. Also my bluetooth compatibility is higher than 4.0. Any help would be appreciated. Larry A...
  6. battery not fully charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery not fully charging: hi, for like a week ago my laptop did not charge to 100%. Its like its stuck. its always on 3%, sometimes it goes up to 8% and goes down after i have turned off the pc. its so frustrating because i have home school, and i cant take the pc with me because the battery goes out....
  7. Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging

Microsoft Precision Mouse Not Charging: Hello, I purchased a Precision mouse a couple of months ago, and all seemed to be working fine. A month after purchasing it, I received a notification that battery is running low, and I need to charge the device. After charging it over night, I saw it was still showing a...
  8. Battery Don't Fully Charge

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Don't Fully Charge: Hi there! Facing some laptop battery problems here. Hoping that someone can help me. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series with Windows 10, which I bought 3 years ago. Only this January when I replaced my device's battery which I purchased at a local computer parts...
  9. Battery not fully Charging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery not fully Charging: Some Apps are affecting battery life and not fully charging what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-fully-charging/7671bb8e-bc7e-4adb-a937-5a87f3fe492c
  10. Battery fully charged, but still charging

Battery fully charged, but still charging: My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft precision mouse not charging