Windows 10: Precision Mouse scroll slows down to be unusable every time I open a Chromium-based application

Discus and support Precision Mouse scroll slows down to be unusable every time I open a Chromium-based application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I updated my Precision Mouse a few days ago to the latest firmware, and updated Mouse and Keyboard Center as well, every time I open a Chromium... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ldsandon, Nov 22, 2020.

1. ldsandon Win User

Precision Mouse scroll slows down to be unusable every time I open a Chromium-based application

Since I updated my Precision Mouse a few days ago to the latest firmware, and updated Mouse and Keyboard Center as well, every time I open a Chromium based applicaiton - Skype or Edge - the scroll speed using the wheel slows down so much it becomes unusable.

My mouse is attached via USB because my motherboard only supports BT 2.1, thus I can't try using BT. I have to unplug and re-plug the mouse again to get back the usual scroll speed.

Right now it looks to happen only when a Chromium engine is started, I don't have issues with other applications. Skype and Edge are the only Chromium-based applications I have installed.

I already tried the usual steps of removing and reinstalling drivers, but nothing changed. I also set them in the list "Identify programs that don't scroll correctly" in Mouse and Keyboard Center" but didn't help as well.

Anybody else with this issue?

:)

ldsandon, Nov 22, 2020

2. Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Scrolling Inconsistency on Precision Trackpad

I am using a Dell XPS 13 9343 with a precision touchpad. Running the November Update of Windows 10 and latest updates installed through release preview ring. There is no separate touchpad app, and all settings are embedded in the control panel->mouse and
    in settings-> devices->mouse and touchpad.

The problem I'm facing is with scrolling. Legacy apps ( Chrome, windows media player, ms office) all scroll normally, and I can adjust how fast they scroll from the mouse settings in control panel. The Universal Windows Apps (Groove Music, Microsoft Edge)
    handles scrolling independent of the control panel. The problem is that scrolling in universal apps is very slow and there is no way to adjust it. Changing how many lines to scroll in control panel has no effect on modern apps.

So, I end up with a fast scrolling on legacy apps and slow scrolling on modern apps. The experience is highly inconsistent.

This problem is faced by all laptops with a precision touchpad. Is there any way to adjust the scrolling on modern apps on a precision touchpad?

HaritHoney, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Precision Mouse scroll slows down to be unusable every time I open a Chromium-based application

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Precision Mouse scroll slows down to be unusable every time I open a Chromium-based application - Similar Threads - Precision Mouse scroll

2. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  3. Very slow application opening time!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow application opening time!: I'm starting any application and it goes to background with 0% CPU usage. I tried to reinstall windows several times but it didn't work. I have 2 windows 11 systems and on one of them all seems to work great. Applications are loading very VERY long. Some installation...
  4. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  5. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!: Hi all, I use Edge and Brave, All of a sudden after a restart, They've become very slow!...I tried Installing Chrome, Vivaldi but they're too slow! These are all Chromium Based Browser's, To get a confirmation that it's the problem with chromium based browsers I installed...
  6. All My Chromium Based Browsers are Slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrolling Stutter on Chromium-based Browsers: Hello Y'all. I have an annoying problem these days with my PC. Whenever I try to scrolling the page on chromium-based browsers, (Chrome, Opera, Edge Chromium doesn't matter) it stutters. This happens especially when I'm playing 1080P 60FPS videos or livestreams on Youtube and...
  8. Frequent crashes of Chromium-based applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent crashes of Chromium-based applications: I am a developer. My machine has 8GB of RAM and has a core i5. Usually my workflow involves 8-10 tabs open on any chrome based browser with VSCode and other tools. Every now and then I find chrome and chromium-based apps (like VSCode) crashing. Google Chrome closes...
  9. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically: I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it...
  10. Edge Chromium browser slowing down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium browser slowing down: About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my...