Windows 10: Precision touchpad deadzone issue

Discus and support Precision touchpad deadzone issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to reopen the issue:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andrei Ziblitski, May 2, 2021.

1. Precision touchpad deadzone issue

I would like to reopen the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfdrivers/surface-book-trackpad-delay-lag-deadzone-issue/b7dd1872-589b-48af-8f47-c56e96fa0b86The issue still reproduces in 2021 and this is very annoying. Do you have any updates if it's possible to disable the deadzone? I believe that the source of the issue is the Precision Touchpad driver due to I don't have this issue with Synaptics driver.Thank you in advance!

:)

Andrei Ziblitski, May 2, 2021

2. Precision touchpad issue on Win10 10586

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Some of the most common causes of these problems are:

• The touchpad has been enabled or disabled. The touchpad might have been mistakenly enabled or disabled. The touchpad can be enabled or disabled in several ways, including using keyboard shortcuts (key combinations on the keyboard), using Device
      Manager, or by using the touchpad settings in Control Panel.

• The touchpad settings might be set incorrectly. Most touchpads have adjustable settings and these settings can make the touchpad function improperly if set incorrectly.

The sensitivity of the touchpad is set too high. If the sensitivity is set to high on the touchpad, any slight touch can cause the cursor to randomly jump to another location of the screen. To resolve this issue, lower the sensitivity setting
    of the touchpad using the touchpad settings.

To correct these issues, enable or disable the touchpad or adjust its settings. To do this, follow the steps for your version of Windows:

• Open Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click
      Mouse.

• Click the Touchpad tab, and then adjust the settings. On some PCs, the touchpad settings might be on the
      Buttons tab.
    Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, May 2, 2021
  3. Can't use my precision touchpad

I updated my ASUS A46C to Windows 10. I had a precision touchpad before and now I can't use it. I looked up to the settings but there was no option for precision touchpad on my laptop. It's just disturbing because my old precision touchpad helped me a
    lot and felt more practical than now. Any suggestion or help?

Sevelyn Merlyna Wardani, May 2, 2021
  4. Precision touchpad deadzone issue

Precision touchpad not working.

After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad (the synaptic turnaround) and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's
    the issue. After restarting my pc, the settings says that my precision touchpad is enabled, and also had the modify touchpad gestures settings. However, no matter how I change the gestures, it will not actually change. My touchpad, would only stick to the
    default non-precision touchpad gestures.

Richard20065, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Precision touchpad deadzone issue

1. Precision touchpad deadzone issue - Similar Threads - Precision touchpad deadzone

2. Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues: Hello, I recently bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I am facing two issues with the touchpad: When I use the touchpad in Word for example, when I click put the insertion point somewhere on the text and then immediately click somewhere else on the text and continue...
  3. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  4. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  5. customize touchpad without precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    customize touchpad without precision touchpad: I'm used to certain gestures when it comes to using my touchpad. Most importantly: - two finger tap = ctrl+click (so opens link in new tab with 1 click) - three finger tap = right mouse click - two finger swipe left = page back I bought a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad L340...
  6. Precision touchpad not working

Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...
  7. [ISSUE] Windows Precision Touchpad can't be customized

in Windows 10 Customization
    [ISSUE] Windows Precision Touchpad can't be customized: Doesn't matter what settings I change, the action will always run the default function. The main non-default function is using the three-finger tap as middle mouse click. I just wish Windows set it to that by default in the first place. But yeah, none of the settings...
  8. Precision Touchpad Drive Issues for Acer Aspire E15

Precision Touchpad Drive Issues for Acer Aspire E15: So quite some time back after an update for Windows 10, my laptop (Acer Aspire E15/Aspire E5-573G-52G) had been stripped of its precision touchpad functionality, reducing it to that of a normal one. Now, this laptop does come with a precision touchpad, it's not as if I...
  9. Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non-Precision Touchpad issues in Windows 10: Hello. I am trying to solve touchpad issues in Windows 10. I have a Toshiba Tecra touchpad that came refurbished with Windows 10. Unfortunately, it seems this computer was built for Windows 7 and, according to my research online, the developers at Microsoft may have...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...