Windows 10: [Precision Touchpad Drivers] Double finger tap without rising all the fingers

Discus and support [Precision Touchpad Drivers] Double finger tap without rising all the fingers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I was wondering why, to execute a tap with two fingers (right-click touchpad gesture) it is needed to rise the main finger before doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/____N-, Jun 21, 2020.

1. /u/____N- Win User

[Precision Touchpad Drivers] Double finger tap without rising all the fingers

Hi everyone.

I was wondering why, to execute a tap with two fingers (right-click touchpad gesture) it is needed to rise the main finger before doing the tap. It would be much more confortable for me to leave the main finger on the touchpad and tap with a second finger.

I made a request on the Feedback Hub. If you want to upvote it click here [Precision Touchpad Drivers] Double finger tap without rising all the fingers :)

submitted by /u/____N-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/____N-, Jun 21, 2020

2. 4 finger gesture doesn't work under Windows 10 with Precision Touchpad

Hi,
    My laptop has a Synaptic precision touchpad (there are no specific gesture menus under the mouse settings, just whatever windows shows me under the touchpad menu in the metro setting app). I'm running SCU 1803 as I'm in the release preview ring. I've had the advanced configuration for 3 fingers working and with both swiping and tapping function normally and can be customized ever since the 1703 update.

However, I had NO options for 4 finger gestures. I already uninstalled the drivers from the device manager and let windows update it but I still can't activate a four gesture option. Any help would be appreciated since my precision touchpad should be supported after all. My laptop is an Acer Nitro 791g running the latest synaptic drivers 19.0.25.9. I tried contacting Microsoft's support but they weren't of much help. So I ignored this issue for a year until now.

Today, I went through Microsoft catalogue and manually updated my synaptic driver to 19.4.29.3 which somehow enabled the 4 gesture controls. But these do not work even with uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting. (as if 4 fingers aren't recognized by the touchpad).

Any idea on what I can do? Precision touchpads ARE supposed to support 4 fingers no?

Thank you.

hemingway59, Jun 21, 2020
  3. at3g Win User
    Windows 10 Precision Touchpad 2 Finger Click & Drag

It's not double tapping.

It is 2-Finger Click and Drag.

Currently I can:

2-Finger Click as a right click just fine.

Scroll/Zoom with 2-Finger Drag/Pinch.

1-Finger Click and drag.

When I try to 2-Finger Click and Drag, it behaves like a 1-Finger Click and drag.

I'm very confident that this is not a driver issue.

I make a living as a software engineer/architect that was a IT/IS administrator for more than a decade. Sorry for stating the creds, but just wanted to qualify the question. I'm not looking for tech support. Trust me, my drivers are up to date.

When I have been able to perform this gesture, the touchpad was using a Synaptics driver package with the additional utility app and settings that come with it. I would think this would be fairly common, since it has always just worked with default settings
    in the past. It seems to be missing from the Windows Settings. Without the synaptics tool (which isn't available, due to the precision touchpad and being stuck with only Windows Settings for configuring it) it seems like I am out of luck..

4. Bharat G Win User

Windows 10 touchpad Release Drag after Finger Lift

I have a Samsung Laptop with ELAN touchpad.

The only features I like from a touchpad are..

• Tap to Click.
    • Double Tap to Right Click.
    • Two Finger Scrolling.
    • Drag Windows. But Release immediately after finger lift.

My Samsung Pointing Device with Windows 10 has no option to control Release Drag immediately after finger lift. It only has a default of Release Drag after certain timeout like 2 seconds. There are no options. It was very irritating and I'm not used to this kind of behaviour.

BTW, I installed its device driver from Windows Update.
    If I don't install its device driver, the options that don't work for me are
    Double Tap To Right Click and Two Finger scrolling.

And if I install this device driver from Windows Update, the option that doesn't work for me is Release Dragging of Windows Immediately after Finger Lift

Previously in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 the touchpad settings specifically showed the option "Release Dragging after Finger Lift". But in Windows 10, that option is completely abset.

How can i enable Tap to Click , Double Tap to Right Click , Two Finger Scrolling , Drag Windows but Release immediatley after Finger Lift with or without installing any drivers?

Bharat G, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. [Precision Touchpad Drivers] Double finger tap without rising all the fingers - Similar Threads - Precision Touchpad Drivers

2. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  3. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  6. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  7. Precision Touchpad 2 finger scrolling speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision Touchpad 2 finger scrolling speed: Hello, I've recently purchased a Lenovo Yoga 6 13ARE05 model laptop. I've been wanting to adjust the 2 finger scroll speed as well as how far I will scroll a page with one swipe inertia. I previously had a Thinkpad with a Synaptics touchpad and had access to their control...
  8. double finger scrolling

double finger scrolling: i have a hp probook 650 g1 and want to enable double finger scrolling ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-finger-scrolling/4dda1cb6-5ffd-42d4-92ff-4690495c7a84
  9. Precision Touchpad: How can I prevent double-tap drag from being interrupted by two finger...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Precision Touchpad: How can I prevent double-tap drag from being interrupted by two finger...: Sort of a finicky issue. This is what usually happens when I try to drag something with the touchpad: 1. I double-tap with one finger on the element I want to drag, holding after the second tap. 2. I drag the finger across the touchpad; my cursor and the element moves...
  10. Precision Touchpad: How can I prevent double-tap drag from being interrupted by two finger...

Precision Touchpad: How can I prevent double-tap drag from being interrupted by two finger...: Sort of a finicky issue. This is what usually happens when I try to drag something with the touchpad: 1. I double-tap with one finger on the element I want to drag, holding after the second tap. 2. I drag the finger across the touchpad; my cursor and the element moves...