Windows 10: precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

Discus and support precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; this driver has an issue of reading multiple multi gestures whenever your fingers touch each other causing the cursor to spazz out of control and jump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KimchiJinh0o, May 26, 2019.

1. precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

this driver has an issue of reading multiple multi gestures whenever your fingers touch each other causing the cursor to spazz out of control and jump around(teleport)

here is the video of this happening on surface pro 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct1pCl9LizY

:)

KimchiJinh0o, May 26, 2019

2. Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, May 26, 2019
  3. Single Finger Scrolling in Precision trackpads

Microsoft Precision trackpad and its Windows 10 settings does NOT have a setting for One-finger Scrolling. Why Microsoft has selected to do this? As more PC manufacturers are starting to use this touchpad people are left with limited gesture settings for
    their touchpad.... is this lack of proper settings a design intention or a design mess up? and when Microsoft is going to fix this issue?

MehdiMahdavi, May 26, 2019
  4. Clintlgm Win User

precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

Precision touchpad Native Windows driver?

ok, so I have been working on this issue for a while now. I finally found something in my manuals that states the touchpad is a Precision so dell does not have a driver for it. the trackpad depends on the windows native driver.
    All settings/devices/touchpad is the only settings that I can find to apply any options at all. The one option I need the most on this tiny little keyboard is for the touchpad to turn off when my mouse is present.

precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix? [​IMG]

precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix? [​IMG]
    So how an I missing the option to turn off the trackpad when a mouse is present. Or Rather what do I need to do to get that setting to show up? This is all new to me, all the last 4 or 5 Notebooks had trackpad software with settings. all had the very important turn off the trackpad when a mouse is present?? Any ideas on how to solve this. Am I missing something on the touchpad settings page?
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.253

Clintlgm, May 26, 2019
Thema:

precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix?

1. precision touchpad issues; jumpy trackpad; how to fix? - Similar Threads - precision touchpad issues

2. Trackpad/ Touchpad issue in ASUS VivoBook K15EP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad/ Touchpad issue in ASUS VivoBook K15EP: I have asus vivobook 15 K15EP model. I have an issue with the touchpad as suddenly sometimes it stops working i had performed all the steps mentioned at asus site for fixing reinstalled the drivers, resetting the ec, bios update, restart everything but the cursor works for a...
  3. Trackpad/ Touchpad issue in ASUS VivoBook K15EP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad/ Touchpad issue in ASUS VivoBook K15EP: I have asus vivobook 15 K15EP model. I have an issue with the touchpad as suddenly sometimes it stops working i had performed all the steps mentioned at asus site for fixing reinstalled the drivers, resetting the ec, bios update, restart everything but the cursor works for a...
  4. Precision touchpad deadzone issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision touchpad deadzone issue: I would like to reopen the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook-surfdrivers/surface-book-trackpad-delay-lag-deadzone-issue/b7dd1872-589b-48af-8f47-c56e96fa0b86The issue still reproduces in 2021 and this is very annoying. Do you have any updates if...
  5. Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues

Windows 10 Precision Touchpad issues: Hello, I recently bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I am facing two issues with the touchpad: When I use the touchpad in Word for example, when I click put the insertion point somewhere on the text and then immediately click somewhere else on the text and continue...
  6. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  7. Is there any external device like touchpad or trackpad that utilize precision drivers...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any external device like touchpad or trackpad that utilize precision drivers...: I’m new to windows, (maybe) formerly Mac. This week I’m trying to make a transition. I love the gestures swiping between windows and desktops on the windows surface laptop. However, I have an Apple Magic trackpad 2 and none of the videos and Reddit posts are helpful for...
  8. Does anyone have a fix for Precision trackpads for this issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone have a fix for Precision trackpads for this issue?: submitted by /u/OmegaMalkior [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gh93e9/does_anyone_have_a_fix_for_precision_trackpads/
  9. jumpy cursor with touchpad

jumpy cursor with touchpad: I have been having an issue with the touchpad on my laptop windows 10 ...I can move the cursor around just fine but when I go to click on something the cursor jumps a little bit away from the thing I want to click on. Sometimes it takes me 4 or 5 attempts to click on...
  10. [ISSUE] Windows Precision Touchpad can't be customized

in Windows 10 Customization
    [ISSUE] Windows Precision Touchpad can't be customized: Doesn't matter what settings I change, the action will always run the default function. The main non-default function is using the three-finger tap as middle mouse click. I just wish Windows set it to that by default in the first place. But yeah, none of the settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my touchpad is not working and my youtube videos are jumpy

2. trackpad precision driver jumpy cursoe

3. slow synaptics touchpad

4. scrolling issue trackpad windows precision drivers,
  5. alienware touchpad scrolling problem