Windows 10: Precision touchpad not working.

Discus and support Precision touchpad not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richard20065, May 25, 2020.

1. Precision touchpad not working.

After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After restarting my pc, the settings says that my precision touchpad is enabled, and also had the modify touchpad gestures settings. However, no matter how I change the gestures, it will not actually change. My touchpad, would only stick to the default non-precision touchpad gestures.

:)

Richard20065, May 25, 2020

2. Precision touchpad not working

I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures.
    The precision touchpad worked fine before the installation. I tried to install new drivers from lenovo website but then the touchpad stopped working altogether.

shashanksingh3, May 25, 2020
  3. Precision touchpad not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be, when the touchpad is not working. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Does touchpad has a Synaptic/Elan driver?

However, we would suggest you to reinstall the touchpad driver.

1. Press Windows +X and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Search and expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    3. Right click on the listed driver one by one and select
      Uninstall device.
    4. Check the box beside Delete the driver software for this device and click
      Ok.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart the touchpad driver should install automatically, in case it doesn’t install, then go to the manufacturer website and install the touchpad driver for this model.

Also refer these articles for additional help:

Fix touchpad problems in Windows 10

Synaptic Touchpad Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), 8 (64-bit) - Laptop

Touchpad and buttons not respond or fail intermittently - idea laptops

How To - Touchpad Not Working in Windows 10, 8, 7

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the
    configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 25, 2020
  4. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision Touchpad Driver

Hello

I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and the cursor jumps all over the screen when typing, and selects different input areas, etc. and I want to enable one finger scrolling, which isn't possible with Windows/precision). However, I'm really struggling to do this. I've downloaded the drivers from Synaptics site, but when I disable the device, install this driver (by manually selecting it using have disk), and restart, the touchpad doesn't work at all. If I install the driver by running setup, it appears to install fine, but makes no difference. If I let Windows choose the driver, it reverts back to the precision settings that I don't want!

Been searching all day trying to find something, but no joy - any suggestions?

Thanks

Charlie

charlie1105, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Precision touchpad not working.

1. Precision touchpad not working. - Similar Threads - Precision touchpad working

2. precision function of touchpad isnt working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    precision function of touchpad isnt working.: I can use my touch pad to move the mouse and click on things. I cant scroll, zoom, swipe to switch apps or anything else that function intails. 've tried changing settings in BIOS I've tried uninstalling the driver then restarting the laptop. none of it has worked. So I'm at...
  3. precision function of touchpad isnt working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    precision function of touchpad isnt working.: I can use my touch pad to move the mouse and click on things. I cant scroll, zoom, swipe to switch apps or anything else that function intails. 've tried changing settings in BIOS I've tried uninstalling the driver then restarting the laptop. none of it has worked. So I'm at...
  4. precision function of touchpad isnt working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. precision touchpad stopped working

precision touchpad stopped working: I have an HP Envy-ah0xxx laptop. OS build number is 19041.630. Yesterday everything was fine, today the touchpad's scrolling and other precision functions stopped working. Its basic function is still there. I've tried uninstalling the driver and have done all the steps that...
  6. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  7. customize touchpad without precision touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    customize touchpad without precision touchpad: I'm used to certain gestures when it comes to using my touchpad. Most importantly: - two finger tap = ctrl+click (so opens link in new tab with 1 click) - three finger tap = right mouse click - two finger swipe left = page back I bought a new laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad L340...
  8. Precision touchpad not working

Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...
  9. Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working

Synaptics Precision Touchpad settings are not working: Hey, all. I just got a new HP Laptop which came with a Synaptics touchpad. When I went into the touchpad settings to disable 'tap to click' and to switch the two finger scrolling to be "down motion scrolls down", I found that the touchpad settings were minimal and didn't...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...