Windows 10: Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD

Discus and support Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey folks. I have a Predator Helios 300 2019 I5 9300H + RTX 2060 PH-315-52 I bought last May and during August it started not wanting to use the RTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by James NigelPanganiban, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:17 PM.

1. Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD

Hey folks. I have a Predator Helios 300 2019 I5 9300H + RTX 2060 PH-315-52 I bought last May and during August it started not wanting to use the RTX 2060 GPU in the PC for games and other tasks. If I open a game, it would cause the GPU to go inactive and the integrated GPU to take over. After this, when I try to shut down the laptop it would get the Bsod videodxgkrnl error.

I reinstalled the Drivers on the Nvidia GPU and that seemed to fix it. I was able to automatically alternate between integrated and the discrete nvidia graphics card - but when I woke up the next day the problem relapsed. The laptop would not want to use the RTX 2060. I eventually went to the Nvidia Control Panel ----> Manage 3d Settings ---> then toggled Global Settings to always use the High Performance Nvidia processor. This works for when I first boot the computer BUT give time, it will cause it to crash again if I try to boot a game after the laptop has been open for a while.

Any help guys? I've spent nearly a month at this. I tried upgrading the drivers, upgrading Windows, going back to the OEM drivers and even factory resetting the laptop. I still encounter the same issue

:)

James NigelPanganiban, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:17 PM
  2. JPhuditsh Win User

Acer Predator Helios 300 cannot update Win10 1803

Dear Sir,

Please help me.

I use Acer Predator Helios 300 with Win 10 but i cannot install 1803.

The popup show "your hardware is not supported of this version of Windows 10."

How to solve this problem.

Thank you,

3. there is a brightness problem in my laptop ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300... brightness is full it in not decreasing can u tell me how to fix these problem

there is a brightness problem in my laptop ACER PREDATOR HELIOS 300... brightness is full it in not decreasing can u tell me how to fix these problem

syedhayathbasha, Sep 14, 2020 at 12:18 PM
  4. Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD

Qual Windows 10 Pro instalar no Acer Predator Helios 300?

Vi no fórum daqui da Microsoft problemas com a instalação da build no modelo Acer, conforme o link " Acer Predator Helios 300 cannot update Win10 1803 " por isso resolvi
    perguntar aqui no fórum antes.

Bom, consegui esclarecer a dúvida muito obrigado pelo seu retorno e atendimento Dio Xavier, obrigado e um bom turno de expediente para vc e também para todos de sua equipe.

Atenciosamente,

Edinaldo Dias.

Thema:

Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD

1. Predator Helios 300 GPU goes inactive and BSOD - Similar Threads - Predator Helios 300

2. Unable to see Window Top bar after KB4566782 update to Predator Helios 300

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to see Window Top bar after KB4566782 update to Predator Helios 300: Heya, I recently updated my laptopPredator Helios 300 to windows update: KB4566782, after which I am unable to see the top bar of a few windowsScreenshot attached. The only way to interact with these windows is by using taskbar as even the cancel option doesn't show up....
  3. Ethernet not working on Predator Helios 300(2019)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not working on Predator Helios 300(2019): Alright, so I've had this laptop for a while now with the ethernet not functioning. I have tried installing the drivers for this laptop except when I do it has this message of " If deep sleep mode is enabled please plug the cable". I don't really know what this means, I would...
  4. Webcam not working in Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not working in Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51: I have an Acer Predator PH315-51, and my inbuilt camera doesn't work anymore. It used to work before. I have tried all the debugging steps mentioned in other threads like rolling back the drivers, resetting the camera app, and even reinstalling windows, but nothing seems to...
  5. New Acer iPredator Helios, Predator Triton and Nitro Gaming Notebooks

in Windows 10 News
    New Acer iPredator Helios, Predator Triton and Nitro Gaming Notebooks: Today at Acer’s online global press conference, the company announced significant new updates to four of its popular gaming notebooks: the Predator Helios 700, https://youtu.be/s7hMcXUknVw, https://youtu.be/Nn1oyrEhZdM and https://youtu.be/ARI_QU8fcss. These new...
  6. Laptop crashing while gaming ACER Predator Helios 300

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing while gaming ACER Predator Helios 300: My laptop has been crashing for the past week while gaming, earlier, temps would g o to 90 degrees and crash, thought it would be because of overheating, so I repasted it just recently and idles dropped down, problem is, the laptop still crashes while gaming even though temps...
  7. Windows Latest updates 1903 on Acer Predator Helios 300 (2018) model running at v1803

Windows Latest updates 1903 on Acer Predator Helios 300 (2018) model running at v1803: Guys I want to know if the latest version of windows OS v1903 is still not available to my system. Try to update my system (which is on v1803) but keeps on saying it is up to date. :(...
  8. Windows 10 - "Critical Process Died" BSoD Minutes After Startup (Acer Predator Helios 300...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - "Critical Process Died" BSoD Minutes After Startup (Acer Predator Helios 300...: Laptop specifications include a 144Hz 1080p display, an Intel i7 9750H CPU, a GTX 1660Ti GPU + Intel HD 630 iGPU, 16GB RAM, and a Kingston 256GB NVMe SSD. The Windows version is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. After purchasing this laptop about a week ago, everything has been fine...
  9. Qual Windows 10 Pro instalar no Acer Predator Helios 300?

Qual Windows 10 Pro instalar no Acer Predator Helios 300?: Olá, boa tarde, comprei um notebook Acer Predator Helios 300, porém o mesmo vem com o Windows10 Home Single Language, gostaria de saber, qual o melhor procedimento para fazer e/ou instalação para o sistema Windows 10 Pro? e, caso instale a versão Pro, há uma perda de...
  10. GPU inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU inactivity: Hello and hope you are having a good day! This bug always occur so it's been annoying me for like 2 weeks now so I decided to ask. The problem is that every time my laptop updates, my GPU becomes inactive even if I am running games. So every time this bug happen I system...