Windows 10: Predefine Open/Save window size?

Discus and support Predefine Open/Save window size? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For years I've been using DirectFolders to get a predefined size of almost all dialog windows, especially Open/Save ones, but not only. It was also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikolajek, Dec 3, 2016.

1. mikolajek Win User

Predefine Open/Save window size?

For years I've been using DirectFolders to get a predefined size of almost all dialog windows, especially Open/Save ones, but not only. It was also capable of enforcing the predefined file list presentation which I enjoyed.

What I've been observing though is that DirectFolders is less and less effective in Windows 10. Of course one thing is that the program is apparently no longer developed but the other - I believe - is that Windows' internals have been changed and it no longer supports the way dialog windows are generated.

Regardless, are you aware of any app / trick that would make it possible to set the fixed window size? I know that many applications do remember window sizes (at least for a while), but this "memory" is not that reliable I'd like it to be.

:)

mikolajek, Dec 3, 2016
  2. OSweeney Win User

Forcing Windows to a Size & Place

Can if force a window, when clicked from the start menu in Windows 10, to open to a predefined size and/or location. Thanks in Advance. I want to better structure my desktop if I choose to open multiple windows.

Thanks in Advance

O

OSweeney, Dec 3, 2016
  3. how to let a clicked notification of a new email in the notification center, let you open that email in a Outlkook 2016 (locally installed) instead of the Mail app?

I think it is a matter of setting the predefined association in Setting -> Predefined App but I don't know the file extension type. I have already found set to Outlook 2016 the following file extensions: .vcs .vcf .pst .oft .ics .hol .eml

... and I did not find any association with the Mail app even though it is the one that it is open when I click on a notification of a new arrived email from the Notification Center.

Anyone can give me some advise??

Thank you

Enzo

Enzo Contini, Dec 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I don't know of a program, but this registry key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\CIDSizeMRU
    holds values 1 per program whose "common item dialogue" box (open/save box is old terminology, strictly speaking) size has been changed. For example, this value represents Firefox as you can see.

Predefine Open/Save window size? [​IMG]

So I suppose if you wished to set all to default, you would delete all these values.
    You'd need to test that carefully.

Conversely you might be able to work out a way to set the size for particular programs.

==================
    Increasing the dimensions by 25% (using FileBox Extender) suggest these parameters change:

Predefine Open/Save window size? [​IMG]

Here's the whole registry change which occurred when I made that change:
    Dialogue box.zip

dalchina, Dec 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Predefine Open/Save window size? - Similar Threads - Predefine Open Save

2. Issue with predefined administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with predefined administrator: Hello so when I try to use the net user administrator /active:yes , and enter in this user it says me that they were not able to log in into it . I remember that by mistake I deleted the folder that contains this data so is there a way to make windows 10 recreate the folder...
  3. Issue with predefined administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with predefined administrator: Hello so when I try to use the net user administrator /active:yes , and enter in this user it says me that they were not able to log in into it . I remember that by mistake I deleted the folder that contains this data so is there a way to make windows 10 recreate the folder...
  4. Issue with predefined administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Open, not Save As

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open, not Save As: I can't open statements from my bank's website. When I click on link to open, another tab opens but it is blank, at the same time the Save As box pops up. What is going on?...
  6. Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...: Hi all! I have a few folders that I would like to open, make a certain size, then save that size so I never have to resize them again. I can't find anything about this being an option with Windows 10 but I thought I would ask. Maybe if it's not something Windows can do, there...
  7. Size of open windows

Size of open windows: Since I have purchased a laptop with windows 10, all open windows are only minimized or full screen blocking all other open applications. It has become impossible to get any work done with out constantly switching from one full screen to another. I have had to return using...
  8. Windows does not save windows size

Windows does not save windows size: Hello, after a restart Windows does restore the WIndows I had open, but it does not save their size or position. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have a Surface Book 2 Thanks, Stefano...
  9. "Save" opens "Save As" window

"Save" opens "Save As" window: Hi there, I'm working on a new Windows 10 PC and it has a very annoying quirk that I would like to turn off if at all possible: When I choose the "Save" option in any app it doesn't just save the file over the last version as it used to. Instead the "Save As" window opens up...
  10. Wordpad not saving doc sizes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad not saving doc sizes: Hi, Just got win 10 from win 7. Wordpad now doesn't save doc resizes from one day to the next. It will save the size all day long until I shut down the computer, then reboot and open a doc in wordpad and have to resize all over again. Win 7 never had to do this. I know Ctrl...