Windows 10: Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10)

Discus and support Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing a few preferred languages other than English, it is still searching for something and the previously installed languages do not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by user13windows, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10)

After installing a few preferred languages other than English, it is still searching for something and the previously installed languages do not appear at all.

Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10) 2006ed26-e581-4618-b8f1-28ff9fa706d3?upload=true.png

Any suggestions?

All the best,

R.

:)

user13windows, Oct 6, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Changing display language setting in windows 10

Hello,

Changing the display language on your computer can be easily done. Simply type
    Time and language settings on search> click Region & language> choose your preferred language. If your desired language is not available, you can download and install additional languages by following the steps below:

• Sign in using Administrative account.
    • Press Windows+I to open the Settings window and then click
      Time & Language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Then click Add a language.
    • Window shows languages that are available to be installed.
    • Choose your preferred language.
    • On the Time & Language screen, you’ll see any languages you have installed.
    • Click a particular language and hit Options and then click
      Download
      to download the language pack and keyboard for that language.

To change the Language of Welcome Screen and New User Accounts
    follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Region.
    • On the Administrative tab, click the Copy settings
      button.
    • Hit OK.
    • Then restart your PC.

Let us know the result.

Dyan Rey, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10)

Language setting in Windows 10

Hi Linda,

In Windows 10 you have to download different languages like Spanish French etc. and add to keyboard. Every time you want to change language you can use the short cur
    Windows key + Space bar.

Follow the steps below to download language in Windows 10.

• Click on Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and language; Click on Region and Language.
    • Under Language click on Add language.
    • Choose the language from the list and click on it.

Refer the step to setup Keyboard for language.

• Click on Language and tap/click on Options.
    • Click on Add a Keyboard.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10)

1. Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Preferred Languages Settings

2. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  3. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  4. language preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    language preference: How do i change it so i can only switch between NOB and ENG? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-preference/f03cfc54-a832-4641-80cf-759b9aefaad7
  5. Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings

Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings: The loading of preferred language is infinitely, so i was unable to add/remove a preferred language If i click on "Choose an input method always use as default", it will become lagging and i need to force close it. [ATTACH] ***Original Title: Preferred language bug***...
  6. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using the shortcut. Can...
  7. Windows 10 Language preference

Windows 10 Language preference: Hello! I have an annoying problem with Language preference, Windows 10 be himself add English UK language in preference. and you cannot remove it because it isn't in the list if you open Language in Setting you you do not see it, but in tray, you can. So you to remove UK...
  8. setting language preferences

setting language preferences: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  9. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hey there, I have a problem with my Language/Keyboard preferences. Somehow, I am shown two English keyboards, while only one is properly installed (see the screenshots below). Is there a workaround to fix this? Thanks and best regards! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Language preferences

Language preferences: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it , I changed the language from Dutch to English via settings but I am still seeing words here and there in Dutch.This might not sound like a very big problem but for me it is rather distracting.I also changed the system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Preferred languages

2. preferred language

3. preferred languages options

4. prefered languages,
  5. prefered language,
  6. windows 10 preferred languages,
  7. add a preferred language,
  8. windows preferred language,
  9. set language,
  10. change preffered language,
  11. Preferred editing languages,