Windows 10: Prefetch Files

Discus and support Prefetch Files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SteveBowen2, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Prefetch Files

My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but the fact that it ran so much better was well worth the slow startup. I suggest everyone deletes them on a regular basis and now I am trying to find an autodelete routine to use all the time.

:)

SteveBowen2, Dec 12, 2018

2. Prefetch files

Hi Phil,

Windows uses this feature to start your application faster. If you delete this, your application will take time to load because they're not preloaded. Windows will have to create .pf file again for Preloading. We suggest that you let Windows manage Prefetch
    on it's own.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Prefetch files

should i delete all the files in the prefetch folder in windows 10?

Phil Emmans, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Prefetch Files

Vista Prefetch

3 for both cuz:

0: no prefetch
    1: Prefetch apps
    2: Prefetch boot files
    3: Prefetch both

spearman914, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Prefetch Files

1. Prefetch Files - Similar Threads - Prefetch Files

2. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  3. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  4. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  6. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  7. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...
  9. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...
  10. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.