Windows 10: prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time

Discus and support prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know how to open the folder when it cannot be opened. I set it to full control. The problem is, every time I start my laptop and want to open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulPChou, Nov 22, 2020.

1. PaulPChou Win User

prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time

I know how to open the folder when it cannot be opened. I set it to full control. The problem is, every time I start my laptop and want to open the folder, I can't. I have to do the same process again set it to full control. How can I allow it to open every time, so that I don't have to set it to full control every time?

:)

PaulPChou, Nov 22, 2020

2. Parental Control - Adding more time doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:

a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Deepak_Krishnan R, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Frogger Win User

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time :)

Frogger, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

1. prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time - Similar Threads - prefetch folder set

2. Can I clear the Prefetch folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I clear the Prefetch folder?: Hi,I have my old laptop and my new laptop. My old laptop gets barely usable so I was trying 5 days to clear it somehow just for fun.While exploring the Windows folder to find something useful or useless, I found the Prefetch folder. At first it was locked so I clicked...
  3. Can I clear the Prefetch folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clear the Prefetch folder?: Hi,I have my old laptop and my new laptop. My old laptop gets barely usable so I was trying 5 days to clear it somehow just for fun.While exploring the Windows folder to find something useful or useless, I found the Prefetch folder. At first it was locked so I clicked...
  4. prefetch folder setting resets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    prefetch folder setting resets: hi,Why is it every night, when I go to open the prefetch folder, it will not open? Have to set to full control every night. The steps are in the screenshot. In the daytimes, no issues....
  5. can't open the prefetch folder

can't open the prefetch folder: hi there:I cannot open the prefetch . I either have to restart explorer.exe or restart my device. When I restarted my device, I go and delete that . Then, I created a new one and go set it to full control. The issue is: Everytime after I am about to shutdown my device and go...
  6. Admin does not have full control Programs folder. Inheritance Greyed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin does not have full control Programs folder. Inheritance Greyed: Win 10 Pro 10.0.19042 Build 19042 I am trying to edit a file in Windows Program Files folder. I open file as Administrator, but it refuses to save changes. Looking online several suggestions seem to be related to Enable Inheritance (not sure if that is correct solution) -...
  7. Admin does not have full control Programs folder. Inheritance Greyed

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin does not have full control Programs folder. Inheritance Greyed: Win 10 Pro 10.0.19042 Build 19042 I am trying to edit a file in Windows Program Files folder. I open file as Administrator, but it refuses to save changes. Looking online several suggestions seem to be related to Enable Inheritance (not sure if that is correct solution) -...
  8. prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time

prefetch folder - have to set it to full control every time: I know how to open the folder when it cannot be opened. I set it to full control. The problem is, every time I start my laptop and want to open the folder, I can't. I have to do the same process again set it to full control. How can I allow it to open every time, so that I...
  9. Have to pair controller to bluetooth every time I turn it on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have to pair controller to bluetooth every time I turn it on?: Is that just how it works? I've never used bluetooth before but I got a new pc with bluetooth now. I got the xbox wireless controller and paired it with bluetooth, and hold the xbox button to shut it off. When turning it back on it doesn't connect, I have to make bluetooth...
  10. Prefetch folder deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prefetch folder deleted: Hey, i was watching some video about performance boost and i deleted the prefetch folder. Now for a week my laptop is starting slower than it was before. I was researching and i found out that deleting this folder causes slower startup (2 minutes or more). Is there any chance...