Windows 10: Prefetch in Windows

Discus and support Prefetch in Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is Windows running random programs in the background? E.g., SEARCHFILTERHOST.EXE, SEARCHPROTOCOLHOST.EXE, UPNP.EXE, its like running every 10 - 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muz, Feb 9, 2020.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Prefetch in Windows

Why is Windows running random programs in the background? E.g., SEARCHFILTERHOST.EXE, SEARCHPROTOCOLHOST.EXE, UPNP.EXE, its like running every 10 - 20 minutes. The mouse icons shows a loading circle when a random program is running.

:)

2. Prefetch files

Hi Phil,

Windows uses this feature to start your application faster. If you delete this, your application will take time to load because they're not preloaded. Windows will have to create .pf file again for Preloading. We suggest that you let Windows manage Prefetch
    on it's own.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Feb 9, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Prefetch in Windows

Vista Prefetch

3 for both cuz:

0: no prefetch
    1: Prefetch apps
    2: Prefetch boot files
    3: Prefetch both

spearman914, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Prefetch in Windows

1. Prefetch in Windows - Similar Threads - Prefetch

2. Prefetch did not appear in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prefetch did not appear in Windows 11: In Windows 11, I tried to open a prefetch folder but, it did not appear... need for any assistance please.regard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prefetch-did-not-appear-in-windows-11/23ca8c72-fbe4-4797-8c72-55a798632273
  3. Prefetch did not appear in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prefetch did not appear in Windows 11: In Windows 11, I tried to open a prefetch folder but, it did not appear... need for any assistance please.regard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prefetch-did-not-appear-in-windows-11/23ca8c72-fbe4-4797-8c72-55a798632273
  4. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  5. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch: Salve, vorrei chiedervi se per caso esiste un metodo, incluso in Windows, per controllare i file recentemente cancellati dal prefetch. Grazie in anticipo. Hi, I would like to ask you if by chance there is a method, included in Windows, to check recently deleted files from...
  6. File eliminati dal prefetch / Files deleted from the prefetch

7. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  8. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?: I accidentally deleted the Prefetch file which after I accidentally deleted now there is only one file left in the prefetch file my notebook loads the game very slow please help me I tried to find a method even System restore but I just didn't find it....
  9. I accidentally deleted a prefetch file and it made my notebook slow down. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.

PfPre mkd file not showing on Prefetch folder.: So I found an issue with the PfPre file on Prefetch folder. On the Prefetch folder, the PfPre MKD file is not showing. I delete the contents of the Prefetch folder for freeing up space. I tried going to services and restarted SysMain, but it did it again. How do I fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not log prefetch windows