Windows 10: Prefetch in Windows

Discus and support Prefetch in Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why is Windows running random programs in the background? E.g., SEARCHFILTERHOST.EXE, SEARCHPROTOCOLHOST.EXE, UPNP.EXE, its like running every 10 - 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muz, Feb 9, 2020.

1. MUZ
    Muz Win User

Prefetch in Windows

Why is Windows running random programs in the background? E.g., SEARCHFILTERHOST.EXE, SEARCHPROTOCOLHOST.EXE, UPNP.EXE, its like running every 10 - 20 minutes. The mouse icons shows a loading circle when a random program is running.

:)

2. Prefetch files

Hi Phil,

Windows uses this feature to start your application faster. If you delete this, your application will take time to load because they're not preloaded. Windows will have to create .pf file again for Preloading. We suggest that you let Windows manage Prefetch
    on it's own.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Feb 9, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Prefetch in Windows

Vista Prefetch

3 for both cuz:

0: no prefetch
    1: Prefetch apps
    2: Prefetch boot files
    3: Prefetch both

spearman914, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Prefetch in Windows

1. Prefetch in Windows - Similar Threads - Prefetch

2. Windows 10 Prefetch and Superfetch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Prefetch and Superfetch: OK, I recently upgraded by cloning my OS (Win 10 Pro) from an HDD to an SSD. I have been reading articles about prefetch and superfetch and how they are with SSd's. Well, I believe that Superfetch was indeed disabled by Win 10 when it realized I was now on an SSD. Being...
  3. Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange: Hi all - I am the (local) Admin of my system, yet I cannot access my Prefetch folder any longer in W10 Pro. No errors, except that Properties indicate it as an empty folder. A mouse click does nothing. When I login to my true Admin account, it is fully accessible and...
  4. Prefetch Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prefetch Files: My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but the fact that it ran...
  5. http:///prefetch:1

in Browsers and Email
    http:///prefetch:1: Hi folks, Can someone please explain to me what http:///prefetch:1 is? Every time I load Internet Explorer 11 instead of getting the web pages I have as default, this comes up! I need ie 11 to access my bank balance. I have reset it and even removed and re-installed it but...
  6. Prefetch Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prefetch Question: Have a file in my prefetch I can find no info on. "dynrespri.7db" Anyone know what this associates with? Thanks. 44686
  7. A question about the prefetch files

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about the prefetch files: What happens when you remove the prefetch files? Does this cause the system to stop? 94945
  8. New member with an x64 prefetch issue (I think)...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New member with an x64 prefetch issue (I think)...: Greetings, all, Just joined the board because I have a strange problem with my new laptop with Windows 10 Home x64 (latest non-Anniversary version) that is driving me nuts. Specifically, the problem is that the OS is not creating an NTOSBOOT.pf file in the prefetch...
  9. Disable Prefetch & Superfetch

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Prefetch & Superfetch: Howdy, I've written a code in a batch file to disable Superfetch service and some other things. But the Superfetch part does not work? Code: SC Config Superfetch Start= Disabled SC Stop Superfetch[/quote] Output >> The specified service does not exist as an installed...
  10. windows keeps reseting after i disabled prefetch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows keeps reseting after i disabled prefetch: so...as the titlesays...i disabled prefetch on my pc because it was giving me 100%disk whenever i did anything.....but when i went to reset the pc(the instructions told me to) the pc began to do a disk scan and repair when it was booting...it didnt do anything so i trid to do...