Windows 10: Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out

Discus and support Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ntut68svl9m61.png?width=506&format=png&auto=webp&s=02407cc32fbf0546b2e7a45b0473b2a7be389576 Does anybody can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bbnewman6969, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out

Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out V45pMWPn77b6N7M3TZbzUsW9i7mtGCXKar7jiLEABTE.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/ntut68svl9m...bp&s=02407cc32fbf0546b2e7a45b0473b2a7be389576

Does anybody can help me with this? The dropdown for preffered DNS encryption is grayed out and there's warning that say "Some of these settings are managed by your organization". I have tried resetting policy to default but it did'nt help. Thank you in andvance.

*Edit

Currenly my windows version is Windows 10 Insider Preview 21332.1000

submitted by /u/bbnewman6969
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bbnewman6969, Mar 10, 2021

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out

How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

That is the first thing I tried after reading previous posts. AND that does not work. I tried again exactly what you suggested just to make sure, and still the "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out.

Mindpower15, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out

1. Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Preffered DNS Encryption

2. Encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt contents to secure data grayed out: I'm trying to encrypt a folder with confidential files in it but it's grayed out. This option is right clicking on the folder >> Advanced >> very last option "Encrypt contents to secure dataWhat I've tried:1 Went into regkey >> and set the boolean value from 0 to 1 for...
  3. Encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypt contents to secure data grayed out: I'm trying to encrypt a folder with confidential files in it but it's grayed out. This option is right clicking on the folder >> Advanced >> very last option "Encrypt contents to secure dataWhat I've tried:1 Went into regkey >> and set the boolean value from 0 to 1 for...
  4. Encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Encrypt content to secure data grayed out winn11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt content to secure data grayed out winn11!: hi i think the topic says it all , Encrypt content to secure data grayed out , i just need to use this feature to secure one of my folder and make a password for that without having a need of installing a 3rd party application! any idea how can i encrypt a folder or make a...
  6. Encrypt content to secure data grayed out winn11!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypt content to secure data grayed out winn11!: hi i think the topic says it all , Encrypt content to secure data grayed out , i just need to use this feature to secure one of my folder and make a password for that without having a need of installing a 3rd party application! any idea how can i encrypt a folder or make a...
  7. why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out,

in Windows 10 Customization
    why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out,: had tried : registry / services both ways but still not working . Windows 10 home, version 20H2 for 64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-encrypt-contents-to-secure-data-grayed-out/489657b0-621f-41eb-9a91-3066296bdc7f
  8. Encrypt contents to secure data check box grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt contents to secure data check box grayed out: Why is this function visible if it's grayed out for Windows 10? Please come up with an actual solution that works so we can select this function....
  9. why is encrypt a folder grayed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is encrypt a folder grayed out?: Hi all im tryint to protect a folder and the encrypt option is grayed out. why? this version of windows is home for some reason even though i changed the key to my pro OME, and the version did not change so thats a different issue i need to talk to ms about, and its got the...
  10. Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out: Hi Was wondering if I could get some help with the Cannot encrypt contents to secure data which is grayed out. In a folder with my data. I'm running Windows 10 thank you. 99197