Windows 10: Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10

Discus and support Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been scanning family photos and somehow all the new photos have a prefix (the name of the person that I was scanning photos of earlier) on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scarlett Begonias, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10

I have been scanning family photos and somehow all the new photos have a prefix (the name of the person that I was scanning photos of earlier) on them. I have no idea how I did this and now cannot figure out how to get rid of it.

How can I stop this and get back to the software naming the photos?

Thank you!

:)

Scarlett Begonias, Feb 20, 2019

2. Unable to scan photos and save to .jpeg format as Windows Fax and Scan has disappeared on Windows 10

Hi Janine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about saving the photos to .jpeg format and scanning them on your device. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the make and model of your compute and model of the printer you are using?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps to save the scanned copies to .jpeg format.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Windows Fax and Scan
      and select it.
    • Click on Scan from the left and click on
      New scan
      at the left top corner of the Toolbar.
    • When the "New Scan" dialog box opens, click the "Profile" drop-down list and choose "Photo."
    • Review the scanner settings. Make sure the printer/scanner is selected.
    • Click "Preview" to see what the scan would look like. Edit the scan settings if needed. For example, you can change the
      output file type (.jpeg) or move the slides to adjust the brightness and contrast.
    • Click "Scan." After the scanning is complete, click "Save As" on the toolbar and save the file under a new name.

Step 2: I suggest you to disable Windows Fax and scan features, restart the computer, enable the feature and check helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Expand Print and Document services, uncheck the option
      Windows Fax and Scanon.
    • Restart the computer and enable the feature.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2019
  3. scanning photos in windows 10

Hi Victoria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable find photos in photos on your computer after scanning, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Please let us know with the following information to assist you better:

• Have you updated the scanner drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

• Is your computer up to date after upgrading?

• What is the make and model of the Scanner?

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps and check if you are able to find the photos:

Follow these steps to see which Windows updates are installed on your computer.

• Open Windows Update by clicking the
      Start button.

• In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click
      Windows Update.

• Click on Check now to update the pending updates.

Try to install the right drivers for the scanner from the Manufacturer’s website.

For more details about scanner refer to the below link:

Scan app for Windows: FAQ

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10

name photo album windows 10

Hi Rena,

Conflicts with the photos app settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues naming an album. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try running the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you will still encounter
    the same issue in renaming an album in the Photos app.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10

1. Prefix on names of scanned photos in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Prefix names scanned

2. Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saved Web Page Opens With Folder Name As Prefix In Address Bar Window: Lately, after saving a web page to my directory, when I open the saved page, it included the folder name it was saved in. The opened page would show some of it's contents, for not a functional web page. On this forum, went to the Support sections and saved it to the folder...
  3. How to prefix a file name with current date using PowerToys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prefix a file name with current date using PowerToys?: I'm NOT talking about timestamping a date in the Notepad or MS Word; but I’m looking for a keyboard shortcut to insert current year, or month, to prefix a file name while saving the files. Can PowerToys do it? Please be specific....
  4. How to prefix a file name with current date using PowerToys?

How to prefix a file name with current date using PowerToys?: I'm NOT talking about timestamping a date in the Notepad or MS Word; but I’m looking for a keyboard shortcut to insert current year, or month, to prefix a file name while saving the files. Can PowerToys do it? Please be specific....
  5. Task names have changed with adding as prefix "windows."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task names have changed with adding as prefix "windows.": Task names have changed with adding as prefix "windows." For example: Instead of "New Folder" it is now "windows.newfolder". Or instead of "Copy" it is now "windows.copy". Also in folders, when I click right with the mouse, i don't get the "delete" or "copy" command. I...
  6. Scanning photos

Scanning photos: How do I tell the 'scan' software app to detect the photo and not just scan the whole flatbed? There are no options to do this and it seems a fairly rudimentary function to me. It happens with all photos including very colourful ones so it isn't as if the scanner can't pick...
  7. Windows 10 app named Photos

Windows 10 app named Photos: How does one transfer photos from the Photo App. in Windows 10 to a CD or flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-named-photos/68e8f392-2ff2-403c-88dc-9ce8a43684d4
  8. Windows ISO prefix

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows ISO prefix: I have two copies of Win 10 ISO. One of them is CCCOMA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV9 and the other is CENA_X64FREE_EN-US_DV9. What is the meaning of the prefix CCCOMA and CENA? 137274
  9. scanning photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    scanning photos: Trying to scan to computer, says scan didn't work. See help and support. I no longer have manual for printer. Went to Windows Fax and Scan, just want scan! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scanning-photos/5b74ffc3-a6bf-4c5a-8781-b2162aaec720
  10. scan a photo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan a photo: I have installed the software for my printer on my computer but I cannot scan a photo. How do you do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-a-photo/ebb25105-4707-4dfe-9704-fecf8b33f64b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is a prefix on an scanned document

2. windows 10 prefix