Windows 10: preload.js dialog box keeps popping up

Discus and support preload.js dialog box keeps popping up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right then, thanks bye I am not being rude on you. In this thread my concern is only the thread starter. I posted for him. And I will wait for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeneS, Jun 7, 2016.

1. sydoz Win User

preload.js dialog box keeps popping up

Right then, thanks
    bye

sydoz, Jun 10, 2016

2. That is interesting. The solutions I've seen in other discussion fora suggest that removing uTorrent and running a malware sweep of your system clears out the scripts responsible. Just regarding uTorrent, are you using an ad-supported version of uTorrent or the paid, ad-free version?

If it was Chrome, were you browsing particular web pages when the script prompting you to download preload.js came up? We're trying to identify the source of the issue and that information would really help.

imonomypaul, Jun 10, 2016
  3. kiltgeek Win User
    I had exactly the same problem. The Female Voice incident really threw me as I'm especially vigilant for vectors for ransomware. Imonomy is an ad image service that is apparently used by uTorrent. I never saw it until I upped my subscription to Malwarebytes, and now it would seem it's not just installing automatically, but prompting me. It appears to be harmless enough, but still...

kiltgeek, Jun 11, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

You can disable the ads in uTorrent.

Thema:

1. preload.js dialog box keeps popping up - Similar Threads - preload dialog box

2. Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.: Hello all,I keep getting this message. I've gotten this message since I got my desktop over the summer. I've tried Malwarebytes and my own antivirus to make sure that there's no malware on my computer that this error message could be related to. I've also tried...
  3. Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows script host error for .js file keeps popping up.: Hello all,I keep getting this message. I've gotten this message since I got my desktop over the summer. I've tried Malwarebytes and my own antivirus to make sure that there's no malware on my computer that this error message could be related to. I've also tried...
  4. Small White Box Keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small White Box Keeps popping up: A small white box keeps popping up on my screen after a windows update. I sought the helps of MS Tech who reinstalled the drivers of my graphics. After i restarted the problem is still there. It keeps popping up now and again and covers part of the screen. Kindly advise. It...
  5. Pop up Dialog Box Backgrounds

Pop up Dialog Box Backgrounds: I have a vision disability and can't see text on white backgrounds. I'm having problems seeing these dialog boxes text. Example riggt click C drive select properties and tge dialog box opens up with a white background which i cant see any text. Ive got dark mode on everything...
  6. dialog box pop up

dialog box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes. I have tried the following as suggested on these forums: I’d...
  7. Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  8. dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue

dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  9. RunDLL error box keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RunDLL error box keeps popping up: [ATTACH] What is this and why do I keep getting it so many times? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rundll-error-box-keeps-popping-up/a35074db-4654-42ba-95f7-b1f4904fa4b6"
  10. Dialog/pop up boxes not displaying content fully? HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog/pop up boxes not displaying content fully? HELP!!!: I have a problem with pop up dialog boxes on Windows 10 not displaying the content fully. Its rather frustrating as I can not see most of the text or the buttons to click on. I have changed my resolutions to different ones and also display size but the problem still persists....