Windows 10: Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux

Discus and support Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to wipe my HDD and clean-install Win10 (1809) as sole OS. Currently have Win10 and Linux Mint 18.3 as dual boot. The Win10 partition has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rvnmedic68, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux

I want to wipe my HDD and clean-install Win10 (1809) as sole OS. Currently have Win10 and Linux Mint 18.3 as dual boot.

The Win10 partition has been corrupted so I won't be doing a restore or upgrade, just a new installation.

I did try Shawn Brink's tutorial on doing a clean install but ran into problems when choosing the partition to put it into. Even though I deleted the previous Win10 partition contents and now shows as unallocated, every partition stated that it had an MBR in it and I couldn't install.

I had to use the Linux "Gparted" command as the old Win10 is non-functional and inaccessible.

Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux [​IMG]

QUESTION: does the new Win10 DVD include a MBR as part of the installation process? I'm thinking back to when I built a PC from scratch and installed a HDD and then installed Win17 without any difficulties.

Suggestions more than welcome. Thanks.

:)

rvnmedic68, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Flow Win User

Dual-boot Win10/7 or go back to Win 7

I run a dual boot of win7 and win10.
    I got 2x2TB barracudas and 2x512GB barracudas.
    Unfortunately I once used the 512GB drives as raid0, just to fool around and so.
    Got win 7 through an Acronis backup on the 2TB drive which runs fine, but used the raid for win8.1, again to fool around with.
    Took some hassle to remove that dual boot since I didn't liked 8.1. But now win10 on the raid, still fooling around.

Takes some work to get things corrected if I want to move win10 to a different drive, but that's ok.
    Just a bit too lazy to get an extra drive, and curious to see how long this inefficient raid setup will do actually. Only had to do a drive repair once, after installing win10 and some bsod (due to my own fault).

So my advice is to buy an extra drive, a sata3 2TB drive or whatever you can afford, and put it in dual boot.
    The nice thing about extra drives is that they last you longer because you will use 1 of them for most of the time, leaving the others reasonably intact.
    Windows 10 runs dual boot just as with previous versions, so shouldn't pose a problem.

3. Clean install of Win10

I purchased Win10 Download yesterday because the upgrade that somehow was done on my pc had many problems. Using the downloaded file it did what appears to be an upgrade again. While things are better, I want to do a clean install of Win10. I burned the
    .iso file to a DVD. I booted the pc on the DVD drive but everything looks like just the upgrade. All my stuff is there, which normally is good, but I want to start all over. I've researched and can't find definitive steps on how.

Please tell me how?

Austin Willis, Aug 27, 2019
  4. LewisAM Win User

Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux

Dual Boot Win10 & Win8.1

I setup a dual boot system for Win10 and Win8.1 because I need to run software for a client that is not Win10 compliant. But after the installation of Win10 it says that it is not activated. How do I activate the Win10 system?

LewisAM, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux

1. Prepare For Clean Install of WIN10 OEM DVD on Dual-Boot Win10 & Linux - Similar Threads - Prepare Clean Install

2. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  3. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  4. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restricting Network Access on Win10/Linux Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restricting Network Access on Win10/Linux Dual Boot: Hello,I Am Ketan Mehta Owner Of Petromet Inc I have a PC with Windows 10 and Kubuntu Linux dual boot.The machine is connected to my DSL router via LAN cable. No Wifi hardware installed.I like Windows to have no internet connection at all. Linux should be able to connect...
  6. Dual booting Win10 with Ubuntu linux - display driver problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual booting Win10 with Ubuntu linux - display driver problem: Hi! I have installed Win10 on a separate HDD beside Ubuntu. Once installed, everything worked fine with my dual monitor setup (actually a FullHD monitor + a 4K TV). Resolution was just fine. After reinstalling GRUB (the linux bootloader), to make dual boot available again...
  7. How to create an USB stick with Win10/Linux dual boot?

How to create an USB stick with Win10/Linux dual boot?: I would like to put Windows10 and Manjaro Linux on one 32GB USB stick, with a nice menu at bootup that asks me what I would like to boot, and then either go install Win10 or boot up Manjaro Live. I tried at least 5 different tools but none of them work, could also be that I...
  8. OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM win10 pro supports dual boot with Ubuntu?: Hello, so i was wondering if my OEM version of Windows 10 would allow me to dual boot install Ubuntu linux alongside Windows, and still keep its activation. Is this possible?...
  9. Can’t boot clean install of Win10

Can’t boot clean install of Win10: i have a dual boot setup and was not able to complete updates on one of the os’s so decided to do a clean install of it with the new update. Used a dvd install after downloading the iso file from MS, the install finished and i was able to get through the initia setup of the...
  10. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...