Windows 10: preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall

Discus and support preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So my computer will simply not start up. When I turn the computer on, first I get about five seconds of the MSI homescreen (just MSI on black),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kerias, Oct 22, 2017.

1. kerias Win User

preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall

Hello,
    So my computer will simply not start up. When I turn the computer on, first I get about five seconds of the MSI homescreen (just MSI on black), then add the loading wheel for half a second, freezes, then black, then MSI with "preparing automatic repair" for a second, then add on the loading wheel for a second, then freeze, then black, then MSI homescreen for a sec and add the loading wheel... And so on. You get it.*
    I just uninstalled the companion to afterburner, rivatuner, because when I tried to end the program the UI kept popping back up, and the only way to delete it that I found was to go to the program file, delete everything I could, and then run the uninstall, after which it stated I needed to restart my computer. I did, and here we are.
    I run an MSI GE70 2PE PRO-012, windows 10, and I know how to get to the bios. I cannot, however, figure out how to get to the Windows safe mode option.
    I know I made a mistake with the rivatuner delete, but please... Send help!*

:)

kerias, Oct 22, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 22, 2017
  3. LHagler Win User
    Preparing automatic repair loop

My Asus laptop is stuck in "preparing automatic repair". The notice comes up on the screen, then the laptop shuts down, repeatedly. The changes I made before this happened - I disabled AOL at startup, and uninstalled Candycrush and Solitaire. I do not
    have any windows media to use for reinstallation and I'm not that computer savvy. Help!

LHagler, Oct 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Power on the computer and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon power off.
    2) Power on again and as soon as you see the Microsoft icon power off.
    3) Power on and allow it to open the windows advanced troubleshooting menu.
    4) In the windows advanced troubleshooting menu start with restore.
    5) If restore works run the DM log collector so that we can troubleshoot.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    and make a backup of the drive using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    6) If restore fails attempt a startup repair.
    7) If it fixes the computer then post a zip for the DM log collector and make a backup using Macrium.
    8) If the above fail click startup options and select #6 safe mode with command prompt.
    9) open administrative command prompt and type: sfc /scannow
    10) type chkdsk /scan
    11) If it fails then open command prompt > administrator X: \Windows\system32.exe and run sfc /scannow
    12) If you are unable to use the hardware method to boot to the windows advanced troubleshooting menu create a bootable windows iso: Download Windows 10
    13) Insert the flash drive into either USB3 or USB2 port.
    14) Power on the computer and click the applicable keyboard key to boot to a device. See the link:
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    15) Boot to the external hard drive or bootable windows 10 iso
    16) It may display the windows icon for 5 - 10 minutes while it loads
    17) choose language, time, currency, and keyboard
    18) Don't click install as this is the method to perform a clean install (delete partitions, format, make an unallocated drive and install windows)
    19) look in the lower left corner and click on repair your computer
    20) In the windows advanced troubleshooting menu navigate to restore and see if there are any valid restore points.
    21) You can try multiple restore points and if it fails then move to startup repair
    22) If start up repair fails move to command prompt and run sfc /scannow
    23) If you reach this point let us know and we will direct you with a registry backup.
    24) If the above fail a boot drive can be used to back up the drive or you can perform a clean install depending on whether you do or don't have important files on the drive.

zbook, Oct 22, 2017
Thema:

1. preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall - Similar Threads - preparing automatic repair

2. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My PC keeps getting on this screen no matter how many loops it takes it will only loop back on this screen. This is a desktop computer and I just turn it on today and results on this. I remember updates happened, but it was last week. I dont think that is related so I want to...
  3. Preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair loop: My laptop doesn't boot from preparing automatic repair screen. So, I installed windows 10 home and did a software update. It worked fine for a day and then this loop whenever I boot the laptop. I even thought it would be slower because of hdd and left it on for the whole...
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop: Hi, Since today I have a very annoying problem. I keep getting my startupscreen saying 'Preparing automatic repair' loop' and after a few seconds switches to black screen and then back to 'Preparing automatic prepair'. This loop basicly goes on forever...what can I do??? My...
  5. "Preparing automatic repairs" loop

"Preparing automatic repairs" loop: My laptop is stuck in a "preparing automatic repairs" loop. I can't get out of it. I've tried the following: Tried getting it into safe mode no go. Buttons don't overview the screen Tried pressing the start button three times. No dice. It still goes to "preparing automatic...
  6. Preparing for automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preparing for automatic repair loop: My system isn’t booting, the wheel is making its loops but nothing else happens. When I restart it 3 times automatic repair shows up. It’s doing something for a long time a few hours now and nothing happens. This is the second time I have this issue. For the first time I was...
  7. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: Hello, I have been working on this for about two days with no luck. I start up my laptop, the HP logo shows and it has a loading ring for about 5 seconds. It then says Preparing Automatic Repair. After about a minute I get an error that says "Your device ran into a problem...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair loop: I did a system restore to stop some startup apps from appearing and to keep my pc up to speed. After finishing this I tried to startup a game on my desktop. However the game said that some files were missing. So I restarted my pc but went into the preparing automatic reapir...
  9. preparing automatic repair Loop!!

in Windows 10 Support
    preparing automatic repair Loop!!: I tried Everything in repair mode. Start up repair, system restore( cant click next because it says "You must enable system protection on this drive). I even tried command prompt method to restore but while restoring i get another message system restore did not complete...
  10. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop: I'm stuck in an automatic repairing loop I guess and the things I've tried so far haven't worked. I tried doing the 3 power-offs and I got to the blue screen, but when I tried to go into safe mode it just brought me to this[IMG] I also tried resetting the PC while keeping...