Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Discus and support Preparing Automatic Repair Loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm stuck in an automatic repairing loop I guess and the things I've tried so far haven't worked. I tried doing the 3 power-offs and I got to the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Madid99, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Madid99 Win User

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

I'm stuck in an automatic repairing loop I guess and the things I've tried so far haven't worked. I tried doing the 3 power-offs and I got to the blue screen, but when I tried to go into safe mode it just brought me to thisPreparing Automatic Repair Loop [​IMG]

I also tried resetting the PC while keeping the files and it just told me it was unable to reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Madid99, Feb 12, 2019
  2. philc43 Win User

HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Hello Les,

Have you checked other threads on these forums to see if there are any suggestions you can try.

Here's one to try: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

philc43, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

1) I created a USB boot disk via the Media Create Tool.

2) Powered on with that drive and it was indeed selected as boot. It blinked during startup but again went into loop. Similar to "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop except no such words. The loop now consists of just the Dell splash screen and a half circle
    of dots below. Repeats forever.

Have I missed something or done something incorrectly? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

DanBernitt, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

Preparing Automatic Repair/Diagnosing Your PC Loop

Hi,

To resolve your concern with continuously looping your system, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Preparing Automatic Repair Loop

1. Preparing Automatic Repair Loop - Similar Threads - Preparing Automatic Repair

2. Infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic repair"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite loop of "Preparing Automatic repair": Hey so some stupid thing happened. I turned off my computer two days ago and when I went to it back on my computer would load and then go into "preparing automatic repair". After that it would continue into a black screen for the next hour and then eventually blue screen and...
  3. Preparing automatic repairs

Preparing automatic repairs: on my windows 10 pc the Dell sing would come up as under it say preparing automatic repairs but it would freeze and it wouldn't unfreeze how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repairs/b2895956-c6c6-43e4-875c-98b7db0e2367
  4. " Preparing Automatic Repair"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " Preparing Automatic Repair": Windows 10 after upgrade forced my HP tablet to go in "Preparing Automatic Repair" then ask for Bitlockerkey and after accepting the number goes to download Windows Defender and ......goes again. How to start Win10 in any way to break this insanity?...
  5. "Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop

"Preparing Automatic Repair" infinite loop: Hi all, I fresh installed Windows 10x64 in my new laptop. It was working flawlessly. The main drive is a Samsung EVO 960 Nvme. All I did was temporarily replace it with another SSD (I had to test it), and then reinstalled the EVO. Upon reinstalling it each time I power the...
  6. "Preparing Automatic Repairs"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Preparing Automatic Repairs": Acer 5810TZG Laptop was running W7. Yesterday upgraded to W10. Worked for 10 minutes then crashed. I get the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" "We will restart it for you" "System Thread Exception not handled". It then loops though this. Tried forcing it off and...
  7. preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall

in Windows 10 Support
    preparing automatic repair loop; rivatuner uninstall: Hello, So my computer will simply not start up. When I turn the computer on, first I get about five seconds of the MSI homescreen (just MSI on black), then add the loading wheel for half a second, freezes, then black, then MSI with "preparing automatic repair" for a second,...
  8. Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair loop: Hi everyone. Recently I got a new gaming PC which came with windows 7. The day after i upgraded to windows 10 and it was working fine. Yesterday i was using my PC and then the task bar disappeared so i decided to restart the computer to try and fix it. When the computer...
  9. HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop: Last night I was using my computer to play LEGO Marvel's Avengers via Steam. I stopped to do something else but left my computer on, and when I came back the screen was blue and displayed a message saying "HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" and then it restart. Now whenever it boots...
  10. Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop: I have had this loop for 4-5 hours now, and I have not found any fix for it. I am using build 10240. I have tried reverting back to windows 7, and that failed. Tried start-up repair, that failed. Tried system restore and image recovery, those failed too. Even resetting my pc...