Windows 10: preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

Discus and support preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Keyboard doesnt work. I can only move the cursor. submitted by /u/FUCKINGHISSRICH [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FUCKINGHISSRICH, Mar 24, 2020.

1. preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

/u/FUCKINGHISSRICH, Mar 24, 2020
  2. abapsmoke Win User

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, Mar 24, 2020
  3. JaedenP Win User
    Black screen after “Preparing Automatic Repair”

Last night I shut down my computer as I normally do, nothing was done differently.

This morning, I turned it on and it was on a black screen for about 5-10 minutes before showing “Preparing Automatic Repair”

Now, I’d never seen this screen before nor had any issues with my PC, so I was a bit worried. After that, it went back to a black screen, but this time I could see my cursor. It just stays like that, I’ve tried rebooting it and booting from a CD but when
    I do that, it shows a blank purple screen, I can move my cursor around there as well but there’s nothing to click on.

I have a Dell Inspiron 20 3048, by the way.

Please help ASAP as I have important business I need to get done. Thanks.

JaedenP, Mar 24, 2020
  4. subby Win User

preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

Preparing automatic repair black screen afterwards stuck

Fixing this gaming PC for a friend. His computer gets stuck on the windows logo with the dotted spinning circle. In the past to fix this i've done a startup repair. But this time, the PC starts the Preparing Automatic Repair, then screen goes black, where normally it should be showing diagnosing your pc before loaded the Automatic Repair screen.

What should I attempt to try next?

subby, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor.

1. preparing automatic repair then shows only black screen and the cursor. - Similar Threads - preparing automatic repair

2. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor: hii when i turn on my laptop it goes on infinite loading so i forcefully turned off 2 times to get automatic repair but after performing preparing automatic repair the screen goes black with moving cursor and it did even open task manger clt +alt+del even after doing 3 or 4...
  3. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor: hii when i turn on my laptop it goes on infinite loading so i forcefully turned off 2 times to get automatic repair but after performing preparing automatic repair the screen goes black with moving cursor and it did even open task manger clt +alt+del even after doing 3 or 4...
  4. after preparing automatic repair screen goes black with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  6. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  7. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

8. Black screen with cursor after "Preparing automatic repair"

Black screen with cursor after "Preparing automatic repair": Hello around 2 days ago, I shut off my computer and the next day I booted it up to seeing the windows logo and the white circle spinning infinitely and never ending, after that I rebooted my computer 3 times using the power button trying to get into the repair environment BUT...
  9. Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preparing automatic repair followed by Black screen with cursor.: When I turned on my pc it showed preparing automatic repair. After a short while it took me to a black screen with a cursor. I couldnt do anything and I was pretty worried so I tried searching up ways to fix the problem. However so far all of them havent worked for me. I...
  10. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shows black screen with cursor after automatic repair in hp laptop