Windows 10: Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

Discus and support Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pt4joints, Nov 24, 2021.

1. pt4joints Win User

Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the Lenovo, the throbber and the aforementioned message disappeared to a black screen. I do not have access to anything beyond that, including the blue “Advanced Options” menu. I have turned the computer on/off 3 times, unplugged it, removed the battery, tried ctrl+alt+del, held F8, shift key, Windows logo key, etc, but can’

:)

pt4joints, Nov 24, 2021
  2. abapsmoke Win User

Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

Thank you very much for the reply. Unfortunately, I don’t know if it’s my doing something wrong, but I’ll do the steps to boot up the ASO menu and it won’t appear. I’ll reboot three times and leave it to load at the third, but it will do the same as before except for one thing- load for a while, then seemingly reboot on its own quickly (which it didn’t do before the ASO reboots), before going directly into ‘preparing automatic repair’ followed by the black screen shortly after. Same as before, leaving the black screen alone won’t do anything.

abapsmoke, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Grisouer Win User
    computer screen turns black after it shows preparing automatic repair

it shows that for about 5 seconds and then the screen turns black With a white foggy bit

Grisouer, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

Black Screen after "preparing automatic repair"

Yesterday, my HP Envy 17 j177nr was working flawlessly. However, today I was experiencing lots of lags and freezes to the point where the laptop is unusable

I decided to power off and on three times to attempt some kind of repair. However, after it says "preparing automatic repair" I ALWAYS get a black screen, no cursor, no nothing. It does NOT move beyond that black screen. It will stay at that black screen all day if I let it.

I tried ALL steps on the internet to fix it, including removing all peripherals including the power cord and battery and holding the power button for 30 second which everybody says that fixes the problem—except it DOES NOT for me. It still goes into "preparing automatic repair" and to that black screen afterwards.

I ran the HP HDD and memory test and all pass with flying colors.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Ornithophilia, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

1. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen - Similar Threads - Preparing Automatic Repair

2. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  3. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair ': Please help me, i was using my pc normally and a pop up came from 'sequrity and maintenance' like, 'reboot to start repairing disk'...I don't know, I don't remember that.But after i clicked on restart restarting screen was showing for like 10 minutes, so I pressed the power...
  4. Black screen after ' preparing automatic repair '

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  6. Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing Automatic Repair to black screen: My laptop was working fine last night, but today when I turned it on, the boot screen appeared like it normally does, but rather than transitioning to the login screen, it returned to another boot screen with the message, “Preparing Automatic Repair”. After a few seconds, the...
  7. Black Screen After Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Preparing Automatic Repair: Laptop stuck on a black screen with a cursor on automatic repair. I can't get it to start in safe mode, attempts to go into windows recovery doesn't work either. How can I fix this pls submitted by /u/IsThi5Now [link] [comments]...
  8. Black Screen after "preparing automatic repair"

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after "preparing automatic repair": Yesterday, my HP Envy 17 j177nr was working flawlessly. However, today I was experiencing lots of lags and freezes to the point where the laptop is unusable I decided to power off and on three times to attempt some kind of repair. However, after it says "preparing automatic...
  9. Black screen after preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after preparing automatic repair: Yesterday while i was using my laptop, it suddeny freezes and it goes into a bluescreen with a stopcode. I turned off the laptop with a long press, after that i opened it up again and it shows the manufacturer' name and circling dots and a preparing automatic update. After a...
  10. Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen after ‘preparing automatic repair.’: Hey. Yesterday my HP laptop finished updating to what I assume is the latest Windows 10 version. Everything was fine for a few hours until I shifted the pc and accidentally pulled the battery out, so it shut down suddenly. My laptop has a black ‘bar’ just below the screen...