Windows 10: "Preparing Automatic Repairs"

Discus and support "Preparing Automatic Repairs" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Acer 5810TZG Laptop was running W7. Yesterday upgraded to W10. Worked for 10 minutes then crashed. I get the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" "We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thesaint2, Aug 6, 2015.

1. thesaint2 Win User

"Preparing Automatic Repairs"

Acer 5810TZG Laptop was running W7. Yesterday upgraded to W10. Worked for 10 minutes then crashed. I get the message "Preparing Automatic Repair" "We will restart it for you" "System Thread Exception not handled".
    It then loops though this.
    Tried forcing it off and restarting - no change.
    Tried tapping f8 while restarting - not change
    Can get to the f2 menus but these do not seem to have any useful options for my problem - such as "Safe Mode"
    Tried to "chat" with microsoft - no appointments can be made at least for a week!
    I do not have an official boot disc but I do have full disc image made on external HDD a couple of months ago, also a "Drivers and Applications" DVD, also a "Repair" DVD, made 2 years ago. Also have a set of DVDs I made a couple of years ago called "Recovery Discs" (or Factory Default).
    However; my entry to the laptop is limited to the f2 menu; it may disregard any disc presented to it?
    I welcome your advice (In the meantime I can communicate with my Kindle Voyage, Chromebook, Smartphone (Android), 2 tablets (also Android) and a W8.1 netbook - (not attempted upgrade on that).

:)

thesaint2, Aug 6, 2015
  2. StyleJM Win User

My Windows 10 Cannot Start

I have a problem, my windows cannot start properly. it always out the " preparing automatic repair" and "diagnosing your pc". when it display the automatic repair, i click all of the option but it still out the "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing
    your pc". i try 100 times, it cannnot solve. someone can help me ?

StyleJM, Aug 6, 2015
  3. hapzfl Win User
    Newest update bricked my Dell laptop

Unfortunately: same "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop...

hapzfl, Aug 6, 2015
  4. "Preparing Automatic Repairs"

Torquemada, Aug 6, 2015
  5. thesaint2 Win User
    Good evening "Torquemada",
    Thank you for your advice. I do not mind too much about losing data as I have other machines with it on. The problem is how to get access to the laptop in order to effect a return to factory settings on W7

thesaint2, Aug 6, 2015
  6. It should be a easy as, as long as the W10 installation hasn't destroyed your rescue partition.

1) Turn on the computer
    2) When you see the Acer Logo Screen, press and hold the ALT key and start tapping/pressing F10 repeatedly
    3) Follow Instructions for Recovery

NOTE: When the recovery loads you will be prompted for a password. This should have been set by you if you have been into the Acer Recovery Management software previously. If you have forgotten the password or you wish to clear the password you need to boot off the recovery disk that should have been created.

If you find this impossible, then you will have to boot the computer off these disks " Also have a set of DVDs I made a couple of years ago called "Recovery Discs" (or Factory Default)."

Torquemada, Aug 6, 2015
  7. thesaint2 Win User
    That worked perfectly.
    However; several things on the factory reseted version did not work. In particular "Windows Live Mail" which refuses to accept the 3 email addresses I offered it.
    I note too that I do not have an invitation icon to upgrade to W10

thesaint2, Aug 8, 2015
  8. "Preparing Automatic Repairs"

Torquemada, Aug 8, 2015
  9. thesaint2 Win User
    Thanks. I will go through the set-up after I've caught up on 4 years of windows updates.
    I suppose it will be best if I start by deleting my previous attempts to set up email accounts?

thesaint2, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Yes

Torquemada, Aug 8, 2015
  11. thesaint2 Win User
    Progress Report - Windows 7 now "fully" operatonal, including scanning, printing and emailing (from and to 3 addresses)
    However, I do get problems with my Tiscali POP3 email address. I think the problem arises because I have been using "SpamDrain". It is very good at blocking Spam and of allowing non- spam through but I suspect that the Tiscali server is unhappy with it. So I paused it and later the Tiscali Server problem went away. Of course that meant that I started getting spam again. So, as a test, I unpaused the SpamDrain. The Tiscali problem returned within a few minutes, so I have paused it again. I still have the server problem 10 minutes later but maybe it takes time to sort itself out after the pause is introduced. I have not yet paid for SpamDrain (free trial). Looks like I will have to give up on that. Do you have any suggestions for a good spam blocker which can cope with a POP3 account - It does not have to be free.
    Regards from Ron

thesaint2, Aug 12, 2015
  12. You could try Mailwasher but I prefer Pop Peeper Esumsoft :: POP Peeper - Email notification(it defaults to freeware after 30 days) It's not a Spam Blocker per se its an email notifier which is highly configurable. With Pop Peeper you can Preview, reply or delete on server etc. When it notifies me of new mail I have a look, delete any spam/unwanted mail on the server then open my email client and retrieve the good stuff. I've had the same email address for twenty years and still do not get tons of spam. I have it configured so upon new mail this pops up and doesn't dissapear until I click it. I don't miss emails !

"Preparing Automatic Repairs" [​IMG]

Needs extra plugins and skins (free)

Torquemada, Aug 12, 2015
  13. thesaint2 Win User

Thanks "Torquemada"
    I'm trying "MailDroid". It is cheap and seems to work quite well - after you acquire a degree in understanding its settings!

thesaint2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Preparing Automatic Repairs" - Similar Threads - Preparing Automatic Repairs

2. Preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing automatic repair: Hi. my laptop is not working well. Yesterday it was working but suddenly it shur down. When I tried to turn on it, it said " your laptop rin into problem you need to restart. We will restart it for you" after a while it begin to show "preparing automatic repair". Even though...
  3. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    preparing automatic repair: how can i fix this. my lenovo laptop wont proceed into doing anything.it is stuck on preparing automatic repair with the lenovo logo on black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/00dfc785-17ca-45c3-be01-bbd83083c187
  4. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing for automatic repair: At start-up I get to prepare endless auto repair. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse and it will start Windows 10 smoothly. Plug in the USB and let's go. I updated the drivers and removed the drivers, but still can't get the boot to go with the USBs....
  5. Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair: Dear Mr/ Mrs Please gave me a help, that is previously I updated the system app such as bluetooth, system drive with IBOT app. After that install, that remind me close the window defender and I forget it. I forget to close window defender and thne I restart it. And then...
  6. Preparing automatic repair

Preparing automatic repair: Today I restarted my laptop and it said starting auto repair and then went to a black screen. Everything I read says to get into safe mode but unable to even get it to boot up. I have tried all the rest options such as power on/off 3 times etc but it will not boot up to even...
  7. Preparing for automatic repair

Preparing for automatic repair: How can I fix this one? Any help please. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-for-automatic-repair/8d725a96-d6f9-4d3a-a11b-22c4c3a92e21
  8. preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    preparing automatic repair: I had problem from yesterday please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preparing-automatic-repair/31b78d43-40c7-4d49-8be0-8ab210cc4010
  9. Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preparing Automatic Repair: Buenos dias, tengo una ACER Modelo N16Q2 con Win 10. La misma entro en la condicion que indica "Preparing Automatic Repair" y de alli no sale. Podria alguno ayudarme con algun procedimiento para ojala poder repara lo indicado. Muchas Gracias...
  10. Preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Preparing for automatic repair: hello when i turned on my computer today it started preparing for automatic repair loop. I found my d c and e drives have shuffled. What should i do to exist the preparing for automatic repair ? [IMG]...