Windows 10: Preparing BitLocker recovery message

Discus and support Preparing BitLocker recovery message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I began receiving frequent "Preparing BitLocker recovery" messages when I start my Surface Book (Windows 10 Pro v1809 OS build 17763.316).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jjdown, Mar 1, 2019.

1. jjdown Win User

Preparing BitLocker recovery message

Recently I began receiving frequent "Preparing BitLocker recovery" messages when I start my Surface Book (Windows 10 Pro v1809 OS build 17763.316).

Once I enter the recovery key the computer restarts with no other problems. My question is why I am receiving this message so frequently?

:)

jjdown, Mar 1, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Surface 3 stuck on preparing bitlocker recovery

My Surface 3 is stuck on preparing bitlocker recovery. I have tried to boot from a usb, but it does not let me.

AlexisHolguin, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Preparing BitLocker recovery message

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Preparing BitLocker recovery message

1. Preparing BitLocker recovery message - Similar Threads - Preparing BitLocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  3. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message: I booted up my laptop and for some reason was asking for my bitlockerwhich I dont even remember ever setting up key. So I went to aka.ms/myrecoverykey like it said to find my key. It lead to a page saying "Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue...
  4. error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message trace id for bitlocker recovery key: Tried to get my recovery key from my Microsoft account - clicked on device on my account then the Bitlocker data protection comes up clicking that then an error message come up stating Trace ID:mQDRHkmK+Eyw3vz1.8.77 Something happended. Wait a bit, then try again. If these...
  5. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Bitlocker recovery page loading to an error message

7. Bitlocker recovery key message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker recovery key message: On my computer I suddenly got the message 'Enter Bit locker recovery key'I have no idea whether I even signed up for this key. I have tried all suggestions under Google search still not able toI have tried manage bde.... I have tried logging into microsoft account on another...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key message: On my computer I suddenly got the message 'Enter Bit locker recovery key'I have no idea whether I even signed up for this key. I have tried all suggestions under Google search still not able toI have tried manage bde.... I have tried logging into microsoft account on another...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key message

10. Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery'

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface pro locked with screen 'preparing bitlocker recovery': Hello, Last week, my surface stopped syncing my one-note and told me that I was out of space, I deleted all folders on my surface and then it gave me the blue screen and said 'error. surface pro needed to restart'. After it restarted, I could not log back in. It kept...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. preparing bitlocker recovery message

2. preparing bitlocker recovery surface