Windows 10: preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive

Discus and support preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to demonstrate a program to a potential user. This program requires the installation of MySQL and for the user to follow some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by H2ONaCl, Dec 30, 2018.

1. H2ONaCl Win User

preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive

I would like to demonstrate a program to a potential user. This program requires the installation of MySQL and for the user to follow some instructions. Rather than risk that the user makes a mistake or finds any part of the installation inconvenient I am looking for alternatives.

I considered sending a prepared computer but it risks that the user neglects to return the computer after evaluating the software.

I am considering sending a prepared USB Flash drive with a bootable Windows 10 installation with the demo program and MySQL already installed. This raises the following questions.

Is a bootable Windows 10 installation on a USB Flash drive authorized by the same license as the license on the machine that was used to create it? Who owns the Windows 10 license on the bootable USB Flash drive once the portable drive changes ownership? Is it necessary to purchase a Windows 10 license specifically for the portable drive?

Many years ago, Windows seemed to work even if you moved a drive from one machine to another. For example, a co-worker used to boot a 5.25 inch disk drive at our place of work and when he wanted to do some work at home, he would unplug the data ribbon cable and power wires and carry the hard drive to his home. He would boot it at his home without difficulty. He would bring the drive back to the office and it would boot without difficulty.

Things may be different today. Will Windows 10 on a USB Flash drive readily boot no matter which machine reads the device?

:)

H2ONaCl, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Windows 10 USB preparation.

This might be happened due to flash drive got formatted with the same file system where windows installation need to be prepared.

In order to understand more about the query please answer the below questions.

• Let us know how you prepared the Windows 10 installation image on your flash drive?

• Are you preparing it through Media Creation Tool?
    Note: While creating a USB installation media, the flash drive will only begin to start preparing the image only after performing a format to the drive.
    This is an essential part recommended by Microsoft.

I suggest you to go through the below article about how to install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool, and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Please get back to us with an update and we are glad to assist.

Thank you.

Danny Kishan, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive - Similar Threads - preparing demo software

2. Bootable flash drive, how?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootable flash drive, how?!: I have absolutely no idea on how to make a bootable USB flash drive, I've tried for 2 hours and got no where, someone please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-flash-drive-how/649718ea-7904-4156-bed1-0b1eb73177f9
  3. Creating a bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a bootable flash drive: Hello beautiful people I'm creating a bootable thumb drive because I have 2 new computers and one is having issues. So going by the answers in these forums I have been unsuccessful fixing the issues and the next on the list from here was to do this . My question is How long...
  4. Reset This PC vs USB bootable flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset This PC vs USB bootable flash drive: Hello, I want to reinstall Windows 10. What is the better option, reset this pc or is it better to create a flash drive with windows 10 and boot it up that way? Do I need to use my CD key again if I choose second option? Thanks submitted by /u/wholelotofit2 [link]...
  5. Completely format bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely format bootable USB flash drive: Hi How to completely format a bootable USB flash drive because I found there's a partition on the flash drive named "UEFI_NTFS" (EFI > Boot & Rufus folders with .efi files inside) that cannot be formatted. My other bootable USB with MBR partition can be fully formatted. I...
  6. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  7. Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable USB flash drive using Diskpart: Hi, Its great to see the addition of Option 4 (Diskpart method) in the Create Bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 10 Tutorial . Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 There's an extra command directly after the clean command, "convert mbr". Is this...
  8. Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive

Using Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive: Hi All, Ive decided to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive instead of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Windows 10 media. Im just going to use the Media Creation Tool to download the iso image and diskpart to prepare the flash drive. Are the following...
  9. Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...

Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...: I have followed instructions to create my own Windows 10 To Go flash drive. I have two suitable USB 3.0 flash drives: Corsair Voyager GTX and Super Talent RC4, both 128 GB versions. The Corsair Voyager GTX is not a certified Windows To Go drive, whereas the Super Talent...
  10. Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?

Format drive before creating a bootable USB flash drive?: Hi, If your USB flash drive has data on it or maybe an earlier version of the Windows 10 installation media for example. Do you have to format the USB flash drive manually in windows (right click and format) before using the Windows Media Creation Tool to create the Windows...