Windows 10: Preparing Flash Drive for OS installation questions

Discus and support Preparing Flash Drive for OS installation questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cut and pasted to an external hard drive everything from a 32GB. Flash Drive. How should I prepare the Flash Drive now, for the OS download install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by p5200, Nov 3, 2020.

1. p5200 Win User

Preparing Flash Drive for OS installation questions

I cut and pasted to an external hard drive everything from a 32GB. Flash Drive. How should I prepare the Flash Drive now, for the OS download install ISO File? Also, I'm confused about the UEFI, Legacy option. Should I format again to fat 32? Thanks! *Smile

:)

p5200, Nov 3, 2020
  2. little cat, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Windows 10 USB preparation.

This might be happened due to flash drive got formatted with the same file system where windows installation need to be prepared.

In order to understand more about the query please answer the below questions.

• Let us know how you prepared the Windows 10 installation image on your flash drive?

• Are you preparing it through Media Creation Tool?
    Note: While creating a USB installation media, the flash drive will only begin to start preparing the image only after performing a format to the drive.
    This is an essential part recommended by Microsoft.

I suggest you to go through the below article about how to install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool, and check if it helps.

Download Windows 10

Please get back to us with an update and we are glad to assist.

Thank you.

Danny Kishan, Nov 3, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Using a SSD as a flash drive for installing windows.

You didn't answer directly to the question.

Now, where in the OP was he taking about installing a single OS on his single computer? The OP specifically asked about being able to install multiple operating systems from the same SSD. If the computer the OP is installing the operating system on does not currently have an operating system on it, in order to follow your suggestion the OP would need TWO computers - the first computer to extract the Windows ISO to the USB SSD drive before he could use it to install the OS onto the second computer. Using Kyhi's recovery drive - or other prestaged Windows PE environment, and multiple ISOs stored on the same drive, the need for the first computer to extract the Windows ISO file is eliminated and replaced with the single step of right clicking on the desired ISO file and selecting "Mount".

NavyLCDR, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Preparing Flash Drive for OS installation questions - Similar Threads - Preparing Flash Drive

2. Flash drive can not be found after installing Tails OS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash drive can not be found after installing Tails OS: Hi lovely volunteers.So i wanted to be like Edward snowden, And wanted to try to be a complete stranger by installing Tails OS on a brand new Samsung USB Flash drive.And apparently what happens is that as soon it's flashed onto the drive it magically dissapears Except from...
  3. Flash drive can not be found after installing Tails OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive can not be found after installing Tails OS: Hi lovely volunteers.So i wanted to be like Edward snowden, And wanted to try to be a complete stranger by installing Tails OS on a brand new Samsung USB Flash drive.And apparently what happens is that as soon it's flashed onto the drive it magically dissapears Except from...
  4. Flash drive can not be found after installing Tails OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?: Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-os-is-re-installing-from-my-flash/ad68a1f4-64d7-4fac-bc29-bf25a1fc4f1f
  6. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?: Some times I re-install it without a flash drive and sometimes with. It really not seeing any way to know what laptop chose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-know-if-os-is-re-installing-from-my-flash/ad68a1f4-64d7-4fac-bc29-bf25a1fc4f1f
  7. How to know if OS is re-installing from my flash drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Question about Flash drive and storage utilities

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Flash drive and storage utilities: Does anyone know of any application that is GUI based that can feature all "Diskpart's" functions (especially the "clean" command)? submitted by /u/jesseinsf [link] [comments]...
  9. preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive: I would like to demonstrate a program to a potential user. This program requires the installation of MySQL and for the user to follow some instructions. Rather than risk that the user makes a mistake or finds any part of the installation inconvenient I am looking for...
  10. Question About W10 Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question About W10 Flash Drive: I am dual booting W10 and Ubuntu 14.04 on one computer and W7 and Ubuntu 14.04 on a Desktop. I have W10 on a Flash Drive that I made when I updated this Dell 960 small form 64 bit computer from W7 Home to W10 as a test about 8 months ago. I am ready to update my Dell 960...