Windows 10: preparing my surface laptop for sale

Discus and support preparing my surface laptop for sale in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I followed the instructions to wipe my Surface laptop to prepare it for selling and now I am stuck on the windows installation screen with an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wendy CTurgeon, Apr 26, 2021.

1. preparing my surface laptop for sale

I followed the instructions to wipe my Surface laptop to prepare it for selling and now I am stuck on the windows installation screen with an error message box which reads "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and restart the installation." But when I click OK I get the same error message again.

:)

Wendy CTurgeon, Apr 26, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, preparing my surface laptop for sale :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

preparing my surface laptop for sale

Update for Surface Laptop - February 28, 2018

Source: Update for Surface Laptop (28 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Laptop update history

Brink, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

preparing my surface laptop for sale

1. preparing my surface laptop for sale - Similar Threads - preparing surface laptop

2. My laptop is not working it’s keeps on saying preparing a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is not working it’s keeps on saying preparing a: My laptop is not working it keeps on saying preparing automatic repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-working-its-keeps-on-saying/39711647-031c-49a4-840f-d5823c810d3f
  3. My laptop is not working it’s keeps on saying preparing a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop is not working it’s keeps on saying preparing a: My laptop is not working it keeps on saying preparing automatic repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-not-working-its-keeps-on-saying/39711647-031c-49a4-840f-d5823c810d3f
  4. my hp laptop is in a preparing to repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp laptop is in a preparing to repair loop: my hp laptop is in a preparing to repair loop. then it offers SELECT ACCOUNT then below it says > " You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC" < Then at the bottom of the screen it says "Forgotten your password...
  5. my hp laptop is in a preparing to repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp laptop is in a preparing to repair loop: my hp laptop is in a preparing to repair loop. then it offers SELECT ACCOUNT then below it says > " You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC" < Then at the bottom of the screen it says "Forgotten your password...
  6. My laptop is showing Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is showing Preparing Automatic Repair: For the Past two weeks this is showing and I can't get my computer to work and I'm limited in my abilities to follow the many ways to correct this and they are not working for me. Will the next Patch correct my problems. I joined 365 to not have any problems but now look?...
  7. My App on sale is not appearing in the on sale category.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My App on sale is not appearing in the on sale category.: My app has been on a sale price for 3 days but is not being listed on a deals selection regardless of what options I use to drill down. There is a very limited number of apps shown as on sale compared to previously. The app is "Plan And Cost" and has been in the store since...
  8. Preparing Windows 10 PC for sale

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Windows 10 PC for sale: I want to sell my Windows 10 PC. I have reset the PC and all my user files and accounts have been removed and a new clean copy of Windows is installed. When the computer started after the reset it launched immediately into the setup wizard which requires me to provide a...
  9. Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 go on sale today

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 go on sale today: [img] The team and I could not be more pumped today. Today Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book go on sale in the US and Canada! It’s been three years exactly since we launched the first Surface and it’s really amazing how far the product family has come in that time. We’ve...
  10. New Surface Book and Surface Dial go on sale today

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Book and Surface Dial go on sale today: A year ago, we announced Surface Book for customers who sought the versatility of a 2:1 device but yearned for a more familiar laptop form factor. The reception this product received was nothing short of amazing. While the existing product is perfect for most people, there is...