Windows 10: Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.

Discus and support Preparing things ready for 2 hours now. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have my Windows updated for several hours now. This is Windows 10 and I noticed that it is outdated. I run the update in Settings founding there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by juliana.farr, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.

I have my Windows updated for several hours now. This is Windows 10 and I noticed that it is outdated. I run the update in Settings founding there are some pending updates that didn't install however on the process it is almost 4 hours now including this screen saying preparing things ready. I need my computer, but it is stuck.

:)

juliana.farr, Dec 3, 2022

2. N95 8GB Firmware 20.0.016 2 hours "preparing installation"

Please advise.

I am currently updating my N95 8GB to firmware 20.0.016 and have been stock at the "preparing installation" step for nearly 2 hours. I have 2 MB broadband connection but I have no idea what the update time frame is.

Is this excessive? Am I in trouble?

forgedsteel, Dec 3, 2022
  3. My HP laptop is stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair has been for many hours

Hello Sarah,

I'd like to verify if you're computer is still stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair state. If not, I'd suggest to perform the steps below:

1. Force shutdown your laptop, check first if your computer will boot normally. If not, after your computer restarts several times. you'll see the Windows 10 Boot Options menu.

2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.

3. Choose Command Prompt, copy and paste the commands below and press Enter the after each line:

• bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.

Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when your devices get into such situation, but we will try to get it sorted for you. Thank you for the detail information provided on the post.

To have a clarity on the issue, we would like to know some information.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is Windows 10 version and built currently installed?
    • Did you setup any task in task scheduler?
    • Please help us with the screenshot of the system information page of the PC. Press
      Windows + R key from the keyboard and type msinfo32 and
      follow the steps mentioned in the screenshot
      posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

However, we would like you to refer the
    Configure active hour section in this Manage device restarts after updates
    article as suggested below.

1. Please refer the Configuring active hours with Group Policy section,
      if you are running Windows 10 Pro or higher version.
    2. Please refer the Configuring active hours through Registry
      section, if you are running Windows 10 Home.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious
    problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    Load or Unload Registry Hives

In addition, we would also like you to follow the first 10 steps from the

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.

1. Preparing things ready for 2 hours now. - Similar Threads - Preparing things ready

2. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at "Getting a few things ready" one hour plus and task manager...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 upgrade stuck at "Getting a few things ready" one hour plus and task manager...: Windows 10 upgrade stuck at "Getting a few things ready" one hour plus and task manager showing 0% CPU usage, has the program stalled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-stuck-at-getting-a-few-things/27b61f76-ebce-4992-9e9f-ed3c930add94
  3. 2 Things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Things: This is kind of a vent, but I'm hoping others agree and comment and that someone with the ability to get changes made sees it.These are two things that I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why they've been deleted in W11. I've ALWAYS used them.The count number after the group name in a sorted...
  4. 2 Things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Things: This is kind of a vent, but I'm hoping others agree and comment and that someone with the ability to get changes made sees it.These are two things that I DO NOT UNDERSTAND why they've been deleted in W11. I've ALWAYS used them.The count number after the group name in a sorted...
  5. Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.: I have my Windows updated for several hours now. This is Windows 10 and I noticed that it is outdated. I run the update in Settings founding there are some pending updates that didn't install however on the process it is almost 4 hours now including this screen saying...
  6. Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preparing things ready for 2 hours now.: I have my Windows updated for several hours now. This is Windows 10 and I noticed that it is outdated. I run the update in Settings founding there are some pending updates that didn't install however on the process it is almost 4 hours now including this screen saying...
  7. 2 hours...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 hours...: [ATTACH] pc crashed 2hrs ago, and still 20 percent. submitted by /u/DionPerera [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is6kg3/2_hours/
  8. Reset PC ( getting things ready )

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset PC ( getting things ready ): So I've been trying to reset my pc 3 times now and they all failed for some reason the third try it's taking a bit longer getting things ready. Do I just shut down and turn it back in again?....
  9. NFC Not Ready Now

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NFC Not Ready Now: When I boot up, the logon screen shows "NFC Not Ready Now" along with my user account. In order to log on, I have to manually select my user account. The computer previously had an ASUS Z87-Deluxe Quad motherboard which supported NFC Express. The motherboard was replaced with...
  10. Stuck on - Getting a few things ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on - Getting a few things ready: Hello, I am hoping I have come to the right place because I have been browsing through your forms and it looks like good feed back! I am having an issue with creating an ISO for windows 10. I have windows 10 already on this laptop; however when I was doing a reset on my...